Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

volunteering without long term commitment

• 01-04-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is there anywhere in Dublin/Louth/Wicklow/Meath/Kildare area I can volunteer without obligation to conract. i.e once off thing:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

....obligation to conract. i.e once off thing:rolleyes:

Collection days like daffodil day etc like one off volunteers.

What type of activity are you after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tayt0_eater

TylerIE wrote: »
    Collection days like daffodil day etc like one off volunteers.

What type of activity are you after.

anything really, but helping homeless and or elderly would be nicer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

anything really, but helping homeless and or elderly would be nicer

Most of those roles would require Garda clearance and or referees as your dealing with vulnerable adults I imagine.

Try this page and then click on the relevant county.

Then click on Day Care services, or go to the Day Care section, and you will see a list of all elderly day cares. Many of these are voluntary and only meet on a weekly / bi weekly/ fortnightly or even monthly basis. Not all of them have Day care services listed, but I see Dublin South West does and some others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Katrina G

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77941927

The National Exotic Animal sanctuary are looking for once of volunteers over the coming weeks- check out the above link

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knockadoon

try www.volunteercorps.ie. They have once off opportunities a few times a year.

You could also look at registering with your local volunteer centre. They send out monthly bulletins of "time limited" or once off volunteering opportunities and you're free to choose what interests you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement