Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfering saves with a usb stick problems!

Options
  • 01-04-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I got really frustrated over this today, I wanted to move my profile (which has never been connected to xbox live) and all my saves to a new HDD on a newer console but when I look at the saves now it says they were made by an unidentified profile and I dont seem to be able to access them! Can anyone out there help me??? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

You have to move your old profile over with the saves.

The saves cant be run without the profile they were made on being signed in.

Transfer the old profile to usb and then copy it to the new xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

yep I did that, its like the saves arent linked to my profile anymore or something :

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Willow01 wrote: »
    yep I did that, its like the saves arent linked to my profile anymore or something :
    Have you tried turning the Xbox off then on again?

Dazza wrote: »
    Have you tried turning the Xbox off then on again?
    Yep just tried it there its still has Unidentified user written next to the saves when I look at then on the HDD, Im totally stumped here!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Put the saves back on your old HDD. Recover your profile onto your new console and then try and move them across. If that doesnt work, and if you have a gold sub and net access. You can put the saves on the cloud storage and move them that way.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Put the saves back on your old HDD. Recover your profile onto your new console and then try and move them across. If that doesnt work, and if you have a gold sub and net access. You can put the saves on the cloud storage and move them that way.
    Im not sure if I follow (Im a bit of a noob methinks!) wont the saves still have "unknown Profile" next to them and be unusable if I move them all back?

I read somewhere that you can use a program (I think its called mobio or something) on saves that are on a usb stick and you can assign them to a new profile, does anybody know if that would work in this situation???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Willow01 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that you can use a program (I think its called mobio or something) on saves that are on a usb stick and you can assign them to a new profile, does anybody know if that would work in this situation???
    I wouldn't personally. Sounds dodgy.

Advertisement