Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing List - Waiting 8 years?

Options
  • 01-04-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi there, I wonder if anyone could shed any light on my predicament?

Myself and my partner have been on the housing list 8 years.
    I'm on Invalidity Pension and my partner is my carer.
    Over the years, we used to get letters from the council to let us know our position on the housing list, but that stopped about two years ago when the council changed their procedures-they stopped sending people this information.

They said nobody would be told their position on the list anymore and that when a property became available, they'd be informed.
    We have never had an offer on a property and whenever I call, they say they'll let us know when something comes up.
    However, I know people who've been offered houses after a couple of years.

How long is the average waiting time?

(We're on the list for Tallaght and surrounding areas)

Is there anything I can do or anyone I can talk to about this situation
    I'd be grateful for any information or advice you may have.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

MY friend was on housing list for 7 years ,single mother,1child . got a 2bed apartment in finglas,brand new .she lived in a rented house for 7 years.She was happy to live there ,while waiting for a flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I was on the list for 8yrs but did receive 2 offers before I eventually settled where I am.

I don't know about your area but it seems strange that you haven't even had one offer.

Your local citizens information might be a good place to go for advice.

Advertisement