Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Hood non return

• 01-04-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm fitting an extractor hood to the south side of my house, what are the alternatives to the usual square vent outlet with flaps that I find tend to make noise and not seal very well in windy conditions.
    Anyone any ideas
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

crosshair1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm fitting an extractor hood to the south side of my house, what are the alternatives to the usual square vent outlet with flaps that I find tend to make noise and not seal very well in windy conditions.
    Anyone any ideas
    Thanks in advance

Hi,
    You could go with a hood that you just change the filters and do without coring a hole in the wall. The filters can be washed, to get extended use.
    Have a feeling this is not what you are after o_O
    But its an idea :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

You can buy a spigot that sits within the ducting. Still flaps a lot in windy weather. Mine is south west.

Advertisement