Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW34/35/36 Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

at the minute for the dgw i have Cahill, Cisse, Simpson and Bale. I have 2 transfers now and il have another next week so that'll be a total of 7 doubles i have by the time the gameweek starts. Transfers im thinking of are Richards, Valencia and Sessengon out with Assou-Ekoto, Ben Afra and Dempsey coming in. Thoughts of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm beginning to think this dgw business might be overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think this dgw business might be overrated

i would agree with you if we were in the middle of the season or if you were bringing in scrap players for the sake of them having an extra game - like the villa/bolton game this week, but with only two gameweeks left after the double you may as well go for it and try and give yourself the best chance of gathering up points where you can now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

at the minute for the dgw i have Cahill, Cisse, Simpson and Bale. I have 2 transfers now and il have another next week so that'll be a total of 7 doubles i have by the time the gameweek starts. Transfers im thinking of are Richards, Valencia and Sessengon out with Assou-Ekoto, Ben Afra and Dempsey coming in. Thoughts of that?

Sounds good to me, although I have Assou-Ekoto and am planning to bring in the other 2 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I put almost all of my eggs into this weeks half fixtures knowing i could make some ground in my own league and ive went upto second and may even be first when the bonus points come in. With the shape my team is in now tho i wont be able to get in people for the dgw without spending some points. Should i leave my Team full of city arsenal and united players as is or get in them double boys?? any suggestions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Same as me by the sound of it, not fully convinced on Bale or Cahill yet though. Might double up on Spurs defenders if Cahill isn't guaranteed a start, expect Spurs to keep a clean sheet even after last nights drubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Anyone gonna take a punt on a Bolton or Villa player for gw35? I have Bogdan already so I'll put him between the sticks.

Thinking of taking a punt of Miyachi or Petrov. Is Miyachi playing centrally does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Who would be the best goal keeper to get in for the dgw? Have Vorm & Al-Habsi but want to ship out Al-Habsi. Was thinking of Krul but they
    are away for both games in the dgw. Was also thinking of Friedel, was Friedel injured yesterday for the FA Cup game or was he just rested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

PWEI wrote: »
    Who would be the best goal keeper to get in for the dgw? Have Vorm & Al-Habsi but want to ship out Al-Habsi. Was thinking of Krul but they
    are away for both games in the dgw. Was also thinking of Friedel, was Friedel injured yesterday for the FA Cup game or was he just rested?

Still thinking Krul. Newcastle are on a roll and will be pushing hard for fourth spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Really? They have wolves the following week

Granted, but they do have Norwich. I'll think about it after Gw35 and the two doubles are over.
    No problem. Am surprised that you brought in Bale though. That performance last night won't have helped Spurs for the rest of the season + with Redknapp probably going to manage England it is difficult to know how they will do. I mean Bale has 2 assists in last 9 PL games and if you remember how he finished last season it wouldnt inspire anyone with confidence, so is he really a good captaincy option?

Maybe, maybe it will. I think Bale has picked up as of late, as has VDV, and their two games are Bolton and Blackburn. Granted, they are relegation battlers, but also, Tottenham will be vying for a Champions League spot still and will be fired up after a terrible run of fixtures and off the back of an Fa cup semi which they could of won, they will feel vengeful. I think in the next three games, Bale and VDV will prove they still have what they had earlier in the season. I'm willing to take the risk. The only other doubler I'd captian atm is Cisse, or Jelavic, once again, will see how Gw35 goes for them.

Think I've figured it out. Will do 4 transfers (8 pt hit) for 6 dgwers, 1x keeper 4x def 1x str. Should keep me ticking along

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Think I've figured it out. Will do 4 transfers (8 pt hit) for 6 dgwers, 1x keeper 4x def 1x str. Should keep me ticking along

Who, Krul??? Thinking of getting a keeper in myself but not sure who yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Got rid of Rooney for Tevez and I've taken a 4 point hit for Dempsey (Punted Ashley Young because I believe that he's now a real rotation risk with the return of Nani and his antics wont have helped his prospects). I figure its best to get him now and take a 4 point hit for 3 matches over 2 GW's than a DGW.

Currently have 5 players for DGW, could be 6 after GW35.

Is Tevez a better option than Aguero? I'm not convinced.

roryc wrote: »

Its really all about differentials at this stage though isnt it, and a lot of people would have brought Aguero in over the last two weeks so having Tevez could potentially prove to be a better signing if he keeps on form for the rest of the season! I will be transferring him out for Ade fo GW36 all the same...

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »

I believe Tevez is a more consistent points scorer than Aguero, maybe he'll be more consistent playing with Tevez but I'm going with Tevez for the differential, 1.4% vs. 27.1%

Its really all about differentials at this stage though isnt it, and a lot of people would have brought Aguero in over the last two weeks so having Tevez could potentially prove to be a better signing if he keeps on form for the rest of the season! I will be transferring him out for Ade fo GW36 all the same...

If you are bringing in a City attacker it should be this week, even at a 4 point hit. City could absolutely destroy Wolves.

Who, Krul??? Thinking of getting a keeper in myself but not sure who yet!

Can't be tellin ye that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ok,it might be mad but I swapped RVP for Tevez,Wolves are woeful and City have the firepower to destroy them.
    Was contemplating Rooney to Tevez but after Fergie's comments, Rooney will be fired up for the Everton game.I also got Ben Arfa in which gives me a problem,who to drop from my midfield of Bale,Valencia,Siggy & Walcott for this weekend.Thinking of dropping Bale as QPR will be tough at home plus Spurs are in poor form of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PWEI wrote: »

Friedel was rested. Cudicini had started all the previous Cup games so Harry started him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Only 4 DGW players for week 36,looking like a points hit is needed.Adebayor & Dempsey are standing out but Jelavic is on form too......AAAAGGGHH....Who to go for???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Spurs absolutely HAVE to bounce back sometime soon

That team is too good to keep playing badly

I'll be invested with three Spurs players for the DGW

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Spurs absolutely HAVE to bounce back sometime soon

That team is too good to keep playing badly

I'll be invested with three Spurs players for the DGW

I've it pencilled in for preseason :pac:

I think Spurs have squad depth issues which puts limitations of the effectiveness of their tactics at times and fitness levels. I think they could be out of steam for the rest of the season. Its only the teams that they are playing gives me any confidence in their DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ok I need some advice for the upcoming mammoth of a GW36.

I have a free transfer coming into 35 so I've 2 transfer available to me.

I suppose the obvious teams for GW36 are Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle. I also fancy Jelavic.

For GW35 I need to make one of my subs for GW36 subs but I'm struggling to work someone decent into the team.

Ideally I'd like to get rid of my Sunderland players and replace with double GW players but due to the fact that I only have 0.4m in the bank it's tough to work someone decent in.

Ok - the players I'm currently considering getting in for the double GW.
    • Chelsea defender - probably Cahill
    • Chelsea midfielder- Mata
    • Newcastle midfielder - Ben Arfa
    • Newcastle striker - Cisse
    • Spurs forward - Ade (again, having only brought him in last gw and dropped him straightaway)
    • Everton striker - Jelavic
    • Liverpool striker - Suarez

Now naturally I can't bring in all these players but that who I am currently considering.

So my questions are who would you work-in in GW35? And who else would you go for out of the list above?

I'm reluctant to drop any of my top three but I'm going to have to. Who would you drop for GW36? Bearing mind that I won't get him back the last two GW's.

Would really appreciate some help....

I'd avoid Suarez, Jelavic and Ade, also Cahill and Mata are gambles to get 2 full games with the cup final.

Would really appreciate some help....

Here's players I'd consider for GW36

BArfa
    Cisse
    Cech
    BAE
    Bale
    Adebayor
    Enrique
    Cahill

Avoid Mata, he'll be rested for one of those games, Torres and Drogba the same, you just have no idea who will start

Cahill is rotation proof, given the injuries and suspensions in the Chelsea defence right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Here's players I'd consider for GW36

BArfa
    Cisse
    Cech
    BAE
    Bale
    Adebayor
    Enrique
    Cahill

Avoid Mata, he'll be rested for one of those games, Torres and Drogba the same, you just have no idea who will start

Cahill is rotation proof, given the injuries and suspensions in the Chelsea defence right now

Right you have me convinced on this one so going to get him in possibly...
    Cisse and Barfa are must haves,Bale is a luxury given the form of other midfielders that do not have doubles and are not worth moving out

Worth noting for GW 36, Sunderland and Swansea have some brilliant home games that could garner big points for their players....

I'll be leaving Siggy in anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sunderland to me are going off the boil,don't really trust there attacking players just now hence i sold Sessignon for Dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Worth noting for GW 36, Sunderland and Swansea have some brilliant home games that could garner big points for their players....

I'll be leaving Siggy in anyway

Yeah going to go for a back 3 of Caulker, Turner and BAE. I dont think its worth going for a 4 point hit for any defensive DGW player for GW36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

MON was pee'd after the match. i see them doing well this weekend tbh but i have dempsey anyway

Ehhhh...... I just bought Cahill in and now the f*cker is doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sweet. I just had a decent enough week compared to all around me in my league, and I have 2 transfers for gw 35 and my w/c for gw 36.
    Should hopefully help my tie up my work league at least if I play the wild card right.

Sweet. I just had a decent enough week compared to all around me in my league, and I have 2 transfers for gw 35 and my w/c for gw 36.
    Should hopefully help my tie up my work league at least if I play the wild card right.

Wow a w/c?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Disaster as it was known last night he was a doubt :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He's away to Arsenal anyway. I was going to wait another week before getting him; he might be fit by then.

Another possibility was Baines but he's suspect now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just did walcott to Dempsey, yak to cisse and gibbs to williamson for an 8 point hit.

Need to up the DGW'ers and may as well do it now with all having favourable fixtures the weekend coming (hopefully get back the 8 points even before the DGW).

Arsenal have two tough fixtures and yak is injured

I ll get walcott back for gw 37

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

If you had a choice would you put a bolton defender( 2 xDGW) or Man city one in for next game week, Also which player ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

did Vermaelen get any bonus points?

• Advertisement

Rastapitts wrote: »
    did Vermaelen get any bonus points?

yeah 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Right so, some decisions to make, I used my free transfer last night, out with Song and in with Ben Arfa - team for GW 35 is as follows.

Vorm
    Vermaelen - J Evans - R Taylor
    Valencia - Ben Arfa - Sess - Dempsey
    Rooney (C) - Cisse - RVP (V).

Bench - Bogdan - Joe Allen - R Martin - McAuley

I still have £0.6m in the bank too.

Am seriously considering, offloading Rooney and RVP, taking the 8 point hit and bringing in Tevez (V) and Aguero (C).

Any thoughts?

Deank wrote: »
    Right so, some decisions to make, I used my free transfer last night, out with Song and in with Ben Arfa - team for GW 35 is as follows.

Vorm

Am seriously considering, offloading Rooney and RVP, taking the 8 point hit and bringing in Tevez (V) and Aguero (C).

Any thoughts?

For the rest of the season it could work out very well tbh if ManC keep up their current form and thats a big if

Dempsey wrote: »
    For the rest of the season it could work out very well tbh if ManC keep up their current form and thats a big if

That's what I'm struggling with, City have been blowing hot and cold since after Christmas, but with Tevez having started the last couple of games they look like a different team especially in attack.
    Rooney's record against Everton is shocking and RVP's against Chelsea isn't much better, if I swap them out and the both knock in a few goals with an assist I'll be gutted, can't see it happening in the Arsenal Chelsea game, could happen in the Man U Everton game though..... decisions, decisions:rolleyes:.

Vorm

Any thoughts?

I have R Taylor on my bench and will be looking to shift him for the DGW he just isnt getting enough football at the moment to clock up any decent points. Will be swapping him for someone else who may hav a potential clean sheet over there 2 games, i was going to bring in Simpson but i dont think Newcastle's fixtures are favourable for CS, Wigan are running amok at the moment fighting to stay up and away to Chelsea is never an easy game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

That's what I'm struggling with, City have been blowing hot and cold since after Christmas, but with Tevez having started the last couple of games they look like a different team especially in attack.
    Rooney's record against Everton is shocking and RVP's against Chelsea isn't much better, if I swap them out and the both knock in a few goals with an assist I'll be gutted, can't see it happening in the Arsenal Chelsea game, could happen in the Man U Everton game though..... decisions, decisions:rolleyes:.

He scored 3 goals and got 1 assist against them earlier this season!!

• Advertisement

Weetabix wrote: »
    He scored 3 goals and got 1 assist against them earlier this season!!
    I know he hit form against them this season but previous his previous against them (from what I can recall and am open to correction) isn't the best, he hasn't looked like his normal self in the past few weeks.

I have R Taylor on my bench and will be looking to shift him for the DGW he just isnt getting enough football at the moment to clock up any decent points. Will be swapping him for someone else who may hav a potential clean sheet over there 2 games, i was going to bring in Simpson but i dont think Newcastle's fixtures are favourable for CS, Wigan are running amok at the moment fighting to stay up and away to Chelsea is never an easy game!

I am going to stick with R Taylor, I reckon Pardew has been keeping him wrapped in cotton wool for the run in, including the DGW, when he plays he's been awesome for the Toon.
    Wigan may well run out of steam after the last 4 performances, where's that crystal ball gone :D

I am going to stick with R Taylor, I reckon Pardew has been keeping him wrapped in cotton wool for the run in, including the DGW, when he plays he's been awesome for the Toon.
    Wigan may well run out of steam after the last 4 performances, where's that crystal ball gone :D

Haha ask FutureGuy... he seems to be good for a prediction!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

City away is just the type of game Rooney could do something special in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Haha ask FutureGuy... he seems to be good for a prediction!:D

I predicted 4-0 Arsenal last night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement