Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most interesting follower/companion?

• 02-04-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I find the followers in Skyrim quite wooden and one-dimensional compared to those of Fallout, who all had their own back-story and context-specific dialogue, which is something I find severely lacking in Skyrim. I'm not interested in powerful companions, I want to travle with interesting companions, rather than your generic nord warrior who comments every time they see a cave.

At the moment I'm travelling with the Dunmer priest Erandur, who is by far the most interesting follower I've met so far, as he seems to have a wealth of context specific monologues that give insight into his background. He also seems to have a personality. Other than that I've travelled with a few generic Nords and housecarls who say very little.

Are there any other characters who are as interesting as Erandur? I have high hopes for Kharjo as he seems fairly interesting, but I haven't completed his quest yet.

tl;dr version: Are there any other interesting, non-generic followers with a bit of a personality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Bump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Judging from the responses, I'd say that a lot of people do what I do: ignore the followers completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I think you might be right. Maybe this is a sign that I should go outside and hang with my real friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Well, a long time ago, over ten years ago, SEGA developed 2 games, called Shenmue and Shemue 2. The NPCs oozed personality, well, like the main character, Ryo Hazuki. Both games were fairly good quality games.
    Unfortunately, neither game really did SEGA's fortunes any good. Look up Shenmue and Shenmue 2 especially on youtube.
    But these days games companies don't really care that much for infusing personality into NPC's, and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Best companion ever = Barbas. Just don't unite him immediately with Clavicus Vile because then you'll lose him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Barbas +1

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

cant seem to start that quest as a random dragon fried the smith Lodo?

Advertisement