Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS this it?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

I too felt lost and alone, BUT help is out there for those who feel lost and alone in the great void of stargatelessness...
    the networks are calling them; endless re-runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I think we're hitting or near to a year of the no film announcements and adding in MGM financial issues of recent years it's highly unlikely any of the films will get the go ahead, returns on direct to DVD Stargate films were never great.

Handy to have the SG1, Atlantis and Movies on DVD since they're so re-watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

All projects have been shelved indefinitely. There was also a Stargate liquidation aution where everything Stargate was auctioned off.

By the time it returns, Stargate technology will likely have been invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Unfortunately I dont think we'll ever see it back in the form we know and love. I dont think there will be an appetite for that by any television production company. They will want to make money from it and that did not seem to be happening from the TV shows/movies. The reason for this is most likely because of outdated revenue models that dont work with the target audience of stargate and I'm sure if they actually bothered they would have came up with a model what worked for them but that is too much work and a deviation from the norm.
    I think if it is to ever come back it will be in some form of a reboot/remake which will be distanced from the original, something which I would be sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

As has been said above, all the sets, props, costumes and even the stargates have all been auctioned off. That includes SGU which is actually being auctioned off at the moment over the course of a few months.

Even if they wanted to start it back up eventually i think with the props gone it would cost too much. Ah well..i suppose re watching old eps each day will do

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It'll be rebooted one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I look in on this forum from time to time hoping to see some good news that never appears :(

The most depressing part is the fact as time goes on and the actors age the possibility of even a tie up film becomes less and less likely. I don't think anyone likes the idea of a bunch of pensioners running around with p90s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Oh for crying out loud, that's derentis!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

as long as syfy hold the rights forget about it, i assume theyll run out at some stage, normally these contracts have certain inactivity release clauses in them, so maybe one day,

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The concept is way too strong to die outright. BSG was rebooted decades later. As was Star Trek. And others. Have faith. Use this time to go outside, fall in love, make babies, etc. and when you're graying out with saggy man boobs and you have nothing else to live for, that's when it will come back; an old friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement