Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Low Ping ISP in Ireland

• 02-04-2012 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,
    As the title says, I'm looking for a low ping ISP in Ireland for PC gaming. I've had eircom with good pings until about a over a year ago I changed some packages and the ping got high. They don't gurantee ping times so they didn't help at all with the situation altho I had them for 8 years... Anyway if someone had any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm live in Dublin. Also if anyone knows I've heard that Irish Broadband Breeze 4mb is suppose to be very good ping wise. I'm considering it, if someone could verify this with some ping tests who have Irish Breeze, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

gab999 wrote: »
    Hi,
    As the title says, I'm looking for a low ping ISP in Ireland for PC gaming. I've had eircom with good pings until about a over a year ago I changed some packages and the ping got high. They don't gurantee ping times so they didn't help at all with the situation altho I had them for 8 years... Anyway if someone had any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm live in Dublin. Also if anyone knows I've heard that Irish Broadband Breeze 4mb is suppose to be very good ping wise. I'm considering it, if someone could verify this with some ping tests who have Irish Breeze, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help!

UPC all the way - if available in your area.
    check magnet fibre as well.

gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah Breeze has always been pretty good for pings. tbh though go with UPC if you can get it. 4mb isn't exactly fast by modern standards.

Here is a Breeze speedtest anyways..

1877223453.png

Advertisement