Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of lease

Options
  • 02-04-2012 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Assuming the property is in good condition and there is no reason why the landlord would make any deduction from your deposit;

Ask the landlord to bring your deposit to the handover as a bank draft/cash.
    The same was expected of you when you got the keys.

Take date stamped pictures of the property on the same day. Even better to do it when he is there.

Only handover keys when your deposit is back in in your pocket.

Shake hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Some landlords will try and take a couple of days before handing back the deposit, but personally I wont give them back the keys until the deposit is sorted and I have my money (either full amount or whatever we agreed) back in my hand. There is no excuse for them not to do the inspection the day you agree to move out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I agree. Try to get them to inspect while you're there.

I've had landlords say everything was fine and "I'll send you on the deposit" and then sneakily deduct things before sending it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

You don't have to "close" your account with the utility companies, you can transfer your account to an new address as long as you have,
    1. The meter readings for the present house.
    2. The address of the new house - ask the LL/letting agent what the MPRN/GPRN numbers are for the new house's meters. That way the utility companies know exactly where the house is.
    3. The present meter readings for the new house.

• Advertisement

Advertisement