Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting LCHL

• 02-04-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Hey, was wondering if anyone if doing accounting?
    or if anyone could offer me some advice

I missed Q5(interpretation) and I decided not to do it at all. Is there any downside to not doing it? As I'll have to learn all the topics for Q6 and 7 anyway so I saw it as unnecessary. Anyone see a downside to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I don't see any major downsides to it. I possibly mightn't do it on the day... I'll be glancing over the formulas a few times from now until June but the ratios don't appear anywhere else on the paper ( except in incomplete records but thats only a few of them!) But, if you're like me, you'll be doing Q's 2/3/4 so you'll have to revise everything anyway so there is not much bother learing the 100 parts of them aswlell! The only downside is that there is a possibility of some weird new adjustments appearing in just say Cash Flow (:eek: my pet hate) or a different unseen note in Published.

What im more worried about is the possibility of a 100 marker reval or depreciation as my teacher said she didn't know if it would allowed but anythin is possible with the new unpredictable aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I think that you will be much safer if you do learn ratios as they come up every year and as ChemHickey said there is always a possibility of some weird adjustments appearing.

Advertisement