Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to do a music video but need I ideas

Options
  • 02-04-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hey guys I'm looking to do a music video in Dublin to my Remix of 'Still Got It' by TYGA ft Drake and I need ideas like plot and location. I live in Swords. I got myself a Canon 600D and this will be my first attempt at directing and shooting my own music video. I have a friend who has a 550D helping so we have two cameras in total to help speed up the process and also allow us to shoot from different angles with less takes. Anyways if anyone living in Dublin (local or could meet in the city) and wouldn't mind helping out i'd appreciate it. Its my first video so its going to be short.
    Here's my Remix: http://soundcloud.com/yjentertainment/still-got-it-feat-drake-yj
    Any questions feel free to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Would I be right to assume this is an unofficial remix? If so, I don't see the need to shoot a video for it. It's probably going to look cheap and detract from your remix, I mean you're not going to have Drake in it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Get a copy of the lyrics and study them for inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonjoe555

walk around, shoot everything (spray and pray) just grab a bunch of footage that looks interesting and figure it out in the edit suite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

anonjoe555 wrote: »
    How to get your editor to hate you Step One: walk around, shoot everything (spray and pray) just grab a bunch of footage that looks interesting and figure it out in the edit suite

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonjoe555

Im sorry, I was under the impression that the OP was looking for advice on a project and while my suggestion of "just mess around with a camera and have fun" may not be helpful or exactly clear by any stretch of the immagination I honestly thought that at the time of posting I was being helpful, at the very least I thought I would help spark a conversation on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Pretty sure OP will shoot and edit. Don't sweat it joe ;)

Advertisement