Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would I be crazy…

• 02-04-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

To swap a used iPhone 4S 32gb for a brand new Nokia Lumia 800

I've had every iPhone since the 3G and just a bit bored with it now. The Lumia intrigues me.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Not crazy at all. I used an iPhone for a few years before going to WP7 about a year ago, and I'm glad I did and still love WP7.

The iPhone is probably worth more though, so perhaps you could look for a swap plus a little cash. Or, the Lumia 900 is on the way which may be a fairer straight swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mad muffin wrote: »
    To swap a used iPhone 4S 32gb for a brand new Nokia Lumia 800

I've had every iPhone since the 3G and just a bit bored with it now. The Lumia intrigues me.

As above, but the 32GB is worth more than any 16GB model. So maybe no. Not sure what sort of deal it is but if you want to swap id be looking for a little bit of cash towards your end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's with my sister in law. She has a iPhone 4 that's started to act up and was looking to upgrade to the 4S but it's too expensive for her.

So I suggested she get the lumia as an upgrade and I'd give her my 4S for the new lumia.

We're still mulling it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Look up the specs of both phones. Personally I have the Lumia and never want to use a different phone ever. The storage is 16GB, there's no FFC, no tethering, the app store obviously isn't as broad as apple yet and apps tend to be more expensive on wp7, especially games. The iphone commands a better resale price, I'd want some vouchers chucked in if I were you even though the lumia is new. The lumia IS an absolutely fantastic phone nevertheless.

Advertisement