Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatter targets

• 02-04-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I was looking to buy splatter targets o and I settled on 12" Birchwood dirty bird targets which appear to be the best for testing rifle at 200+ yards. Anyway none of the US sites will ship to Ireland...wondering if anyone on here uses splatter targets and if so where do they get them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I got a batch from Ebay. (seller was actually in NI)
    Got another packet from Tom Glass (Ballymena) last week.
    These are Shoot-n-See targets. You should be able to get them locally as they distribute in Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Glensman wrote: »
    I got a batch from Ebay. .

+1 to that.

Buy all mine form ebay. You'll find most sellers are a little cheaper than here even when you factor in shipping, but every now and then you'll find one that is doing a deal. I've bought from JJK shooting supplies in the past, and his prices, while hceaper, were not a huge saving. Then i checked one day, and he was doing (what i found out to be a regular thing) a clearout sale. Bought 480 3" targets, 150 5.5" targets, and a few others i cannot remember for £60 (IIRC) including shipping.

You won't always get this kind of deal, but worth checking, and even signing up to their notices on ebay.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭shanmoll308

Save your money and make your own shoot'n see targets. Get yourself some lime green A4 office paper, laminate it or if you do not have a laminator cover one side of the paper with clear cellotape. Now spray with automotive black spray. Cut to any size or shape you want. Works the same as Birchwood casey shoot'n see targets.

You could also make a shoot'n see target using gasket making rubber (black). Cut to any size you want put a light backing on it with glue and spray the rubber white with white line marking spray. Use line marking spray as it dries to a shell like finish unlike wall and ceiling paint. When fired at the bullet passes through the rubber blowing off some of the white paint clearly exposing your bullet point of impact.

Works great for long range shooting.:)

Adrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Save your money and make your own shoot'n see targets. Get yourself some lime green A4 office paper, laminate it or if you do not have a laminator cover one side of the paper with clear cellotape. Now spray with automotive black spray. Cut to any size or shape you want. Works the same as Birchwood casey shoot'n see targets.

You could also make a shoot'n see target using gasket making rubber (black). Cut to any size you want put a light backing on it with glue and spray the rubber white with white line marking spray. Use line marking spray as it dries to a shell like finish unlike wall and ceiling paint. When fired at the bullet passes through the rubber blowing off some of the white paint clearly exposing your bullet point of impact.

Adrian

Nice one, thanks for sharing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Adrian

I think the Shoot 'n' C are handier! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MIA Airsoft do Shoot'N'See targets. Small to full silhouettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

+1 on ebay

Try gunaccessories.com in the US. They used to ship here. Shipping was around $30 if I remember correctly, but if you bought a few packs it was a hell of alot cheaper than prices here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

Adrian

Any special kind of paint or will ne spray paint do??

Couldn't imagine spray paint sticking to laminate very well?

Well I used the ordinary black spray paint from a can, and yes you are right it does not stick very well but that is what you need. Once a bullet passes through it, the deflection easily blows off about an inch diameter of paint which can be clearly seen at long range. This is not ideal for close range group shooting but if you use the cellotape instead of the laminate it works the same as the ordinary shoot'n see target.

Adrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Ezridax wrote: »
    +1 to that.

Buy all mine form ebay. You'll find most sellers are a little cheaper than here even when you factor in shipping, but every now and then you'll find one that is doing a deal. I've bought from JJK shooting supplies in the past, and his prices, while hceaper, were not a huge saving. Then i checked one day, and he was doing (what i found out to be a regular thing) a clearout sale. Bought 480 3" targets, 150 5.5" targets, and a few others i cannot remember for £60 (IIRC) including shipping.

You won't always get this kind of deal, but worth checking, and even signing up to their notices on ebay.
    Is it not illegal to shoot targets???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,420 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

4200fps wrote: »
    Is it not illegal to shoot targets???

No? If you're on an authorised range it's fine.

Not sure if this will work! but check this out..long range shoot'n see from birchwood Casey...no relation!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MsQ3kcNC9Q&feature=player_embedded

Adrian.

Advertisement