Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on a holiday to Florida

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Currently enjoying my holiday on florida and got a week left!

I am in Miami now till Sunday and so farnitsva good place to eat, and walk around and chill in the beach but nothing much else to do. I was looking at some of the boat rides but they are quite pricey I must say.

I heard there is a place called start island where all the starts hangout? How do i get there? I have a rented car with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I think you may mean Star Island. It is a private island where a lot of rich folks have lovely big houses. Well hidden away from prying eyes by very big walls btw. Best way to see it (and the rest of the islands) is from the water. Jump in the car. Head back into Miami City and head for Bayside Marketplace. When you get off the causeway road (route 836 I think) from the beach, take a left onto Biscayne Blvd. The American Airlines Arena and the cruise ship terminal will be on your immediate left. The marketplace is right there beside them. You can't miss it. Good buzz there.

There are lots of shops, bars and restaurants there & several companies run tours of the harbour from there too. They are not that dear. $25 or there abouts. It takes a couple of hours. You can do evening dinner cruises too but they are more expensive. The guides on the boats are great at telling you the history of the place, the private islands dotted around the harbour and especially of the big houses and who lives where. You'll see them (and their seriously BAD ASS yachts parked outside) much better from the water than you will from the road, that is even you are even allowed drive onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Currently enjoying my holiday on florida and got a week left!

I am in Miami now till Sunday and so farnitsva good place to eat, and walk around and chill in the beach but nothing much else to do. I was looking at some of the boat rides but they are quite pricey I must say.

I heard there is a place called start island where all the starts hangout? How do i get there? I have a rented car with me.

if you have a car head out here http://gatorpark.com/

as previous poster mentioned bayside in downtown is a good spot especially at night, dolphins are playing tomorrow evening in sunlife stadium tickets as low as $45 still available http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D00489397967FD6?artistid=805964&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

for vegas style gambling this place is not that far of a drive from the stadium http://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I'm in south beach near 20th street and walked around Lincoln av and it's quite nice there. Love the buildings. I may drive to bayside now and see what it's like there. I'm not too far from there actually.

Advertisement