Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice appreciated - place to stay on honeymoon

Options
  • 02-04-2012 11:51am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself & the soon-to-be-wife are planning on heading to Oz for our honeymoon, flying out of Dublin on 01/01/2013, and staying for most of the month.

I'm asking here for advice on one specific aspect of our stay:

We'll land in Sydney either late on the 2nd or early on the 3rd on January, having been through our wedding, a couple of after-parties and then the wedding of some very good friends on the 31/12. Yes, I know this is nuts, thanks.

So we'll be wrecked, and are looking for a place to stay, either in/near Sydney, or a short flight away (possibly around Cairns). The ideal place would have:

Beachfront
    Quiet rooms (cottages preferably, but no shacks-on-stilts)
    Really good restaurants/dining options
    A nice bar
    A pool (herself doesn't like swimming in the sea)
    Excellent service
    Little to no wildlife (I'm aware that this is optimistic)

My dream place is a cottage on the beach, with a private pool, a short walk from some top-class restaurants in the same complex, with a nice bar.

Price is not an enormous consideration, but we're not made of money, so we can't go too mad.

The plan for the 3 or 4 days we'll be there is to sleep, recharge batteries and generally recover from the weddings & flight.

If anyone has any recommendations for somewhere like this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement