Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Water softener and pressure increase system?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a water softener system which also increases the water pressure into the house, is there such a thing?

3 issues,
    limescale, low cold water pressure and dirt in water.
    (The cold water is coming from a private well).

I'd prefer to solve all 3 issues with one system.

Who provides the best systems and installs in ireland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing that will do what you want as a single package. you need to divide your problems into 2 separate problems.
    1. water Treatment or Purification. 2. Boosting your Water pressure.
    There are many Pumps on the Market that will just boost your Water pressure.
    What your looking to do is Boost your mains water pressure before it goes into the house.
    You first need to begin with a water test, this will establish what problems are in your Water, Like Limescale, bacteria, Iron, manganese etc.
    To achieve your overall goal you can take your Water coming off your Well into a strainer filter and then into a purification system which will deal with all of your water problems at once. ( the purification system will be designed to suit and deal with the problems in your Well Water. ) Then take your purified water into your Booster Pump and on into your House. You could of course just put the Booster Pump onto your Well water at present. i'll pm you a name of a company who I believe are good at Water Treatment in your area. I don't have any connection with them or indeed anyone else in the water treatment Business. I hope you can understand and follow the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m conroy

Hi

Im having the same problem in my area (south kilkenny). having viewed the internet I came across this site and wondered if anyone knows about this product and how effective it is? sounds too good to be true, as it would be ideal for me as im not working (good price) easy to install and doesent take up much space (small kitchen) any help on it would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

http://www.aquaeuro.ie/Details_eu.asp?ProductID=225

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

First off the only thing that will neutralize lime scale is a water softener.

The thing in the link is a conditioner. I have something similar in my home (cant remember what make it is) It changes the state of the lime in the water. You will still get lime scale but it just wont stick to everything i.e. inside of pipes and so on. The scum will still appear but it is easier to clean and it wont corrode.

If you want softened water you need a water softener.

Thanks a mill for the info,
    im more concerned about my appliances packing in and the effect it has on hair, skin and clothes, especially the kids, would it be suitable for these kind of problems? we use bottled water for drinking. would you recommend this product and do you know if it can be purchased from your local plumbing and heating merchants rather than over the internet.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

It has no negative affects on washing or appliances, mine must be working because apart from the pain in the bum of cleaning shower heads and stuff the neighbours have had taps block solid and cylinders corrode. I got mine in DPL (Dublin Providers Limited) dont know where else after that.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info,
    theres a branch in my local area so i will make enquiries, appreciate your reply :)

Advertisement