Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Vaccinations

Options
  • 02-04-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for GPs/Clinics who will do travel vaccinations for Thailand reasonably cheaply. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got mine above the Pharmacy on Patricks street near Merchant's Quay - I shopped around, and they were pretty much of a muchness pricewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Owen wrote: »
    I got mine above the Pharmacy on Patricks street near Merchant's Quay - I shopped around, and they were pretty much of a muchness pricewise.

What kind of price did you pay if you don't mind me asking? PM instead if you like.

Think it was about 60 euro, but I could be a little out.

Owen wrote: »
    Think it was about 60 euro, but I could be a little out.

Woah, you sure about that? Shopped around a bit and the cheapest I could find was €135 for Hep A, Tetanus and Typhoid.

I *think* it was. I'll ask the lads in Australia who were with me, my memory's a big steaming turd these days, they'll know.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Dodgy vaccine ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Look up TMB . Tropical medicine burea . They give good advice .Depending on the vaccines but some u need to a course of shots. Can end up being pricey. All depends on your activities. The hep A and hep B vaccs are well worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

dev100 wrote: »
    Look up TMB . Tropical medicine burea . They give good advice .Depending on the vaccines but some u need to a course of shots. Can end up being pricey. All depends on your activities. The hep A and hep B vaccs are well worth getting.

I used those guys as well for a trip to Vietnam a few years back, very professional operation I thought. Their office is on Union Quay near the car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

I had a quick sniff around last year (for a trip to Thailand and nearby countries): Checked TMB etc and figured that you'll pay about the same with the people on their list (somewhere in mahon?) as for any GP consultation, plus whatever the cost of the meds/vaccines are. Follow up jabs, where required, are usually just an admin fee plus cost of meds/vaccines.

By the way, I ended up paying €130 for Hep A, Tetanus and Typhoid. Happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

daveyjoe wrote: »
    By the way, I ended up paying €130 for Hep A, Tetanus and Typhoid. Happy enough with that.

with
    TMB?

papu wrote: »
    with
    TMB?
    Nope, rang around and got that price from the health clinic in Carrigaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ultegra

Dealt with TMB in Mitchelstown previously for a trip to Cameroon - very good to deal with

Advertisement