Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting girls

Options
  • 02-04-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Where in Galway city is a good place to meet some girls, around 21-27 ish age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pubs, clubs, library, language courses, Dunnes, ...
    Girls are everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

In any ladies bathroom. Prepare to put up a fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

You just cant beat joining a club or association for which you are interested in such as Tag Rugby or walking etc. or a non sports club or society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

bensweeney wrote: »
    I used to be very shy around women. I dont really drink so I dont be around Clubs or Pubs that much though. So Cofee shops is the one for me. I learned to be more confident so if I see a woman sitting on her own I sit down beside her and have a chat. 9 times out of ten she gets scared and asks me to leave, sometimes I get a number, but 9 times out of 10 that is a false number but I have had a date out of it.

I hope you're taking the piss because that's some funny $hit; if you're in earnest I too I'm scared, have pepper spray and a rape alarm and will use both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP, often people (men and women) go to coffee shops to chill and have some time on their own. It is one thing making a few sentences of casual conversation from another table, (and dropping it if is unwanted OR continuing IF invited), but plonking yourself down beside someone backs them into a corner. Perhaps you miss subtle hints so they end up telling you to go away?

Picking activities where people are at least definitely choosing to be social are better. That way you know they at least expect a chat when they are there. Sure, interactions happen in places like libraries sometimes, but if you start with better boundaries, then you may have better luck meeting a match.

• Advertisement

I hope you're taking the piss because that's some funny $hit; if you're in earnest I too I'm scared, have pepper spray and a rape alarm and will use both.

Irish women are not used to the American style approach. Its not common for men to approach women in the street etc and ask for a date. Irish women from my experience think you are some type of rapist/weirdo if you do this. The one time it worked was with an American woman.

Lol! Which part of America does the 'American Style' come from?
    I can't help but hear Sasha Baron Cohen say 'American Style'.

OP either you are joking or you might want to think about being more subtle or changing if your American Style isn't getting you anywhere.

Anyway whatever happened to French Style? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I used to be very shy around women. I dont really drink so I dont be around Clubs or Pubs that much though. So Cofee shops is the one for me. I learned to be more confident so if I see a woman sitting on her own I sit down beside her and have a chat. 9 times out of ten she gets scared and asks me to leave, sometimes I get a number, but 9 times out of 10 that is a false number but I have had a date out of it.
    Oh sweet Jebus this has to be post of the year, absolutely hilarious, i would get up and leave if i saw you doing that somewhere, the sheer awkwardness would turn the milk in me coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

so out of 10 women 9 ask you to leave, and out of the 1 women who engages you in conversation 9 out of 10 of these gives a fake number.

so 1/100 give you a real number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

that is just sheer entertainment right there!! which coffee shops do you frequent? i would love to see your moves,your prob like some Jedi Master Stalker:p

IBTL :D

• Advertisement

I read books about it. The trick to is watch for a while, maybe if she is a regular watch her over a number of days to see what she likes and is interested in. Then bring up topic of conversation when you sit down to chat.
    Oh good god you are brilliant, so basically you stalk them at a location for a few days and then make the move. If only this was true it would be great, you are clearly full of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I read books about it. The trick to is watch for a while, maybe if she is a regular watch her over a number of days to see what she likes and is interested in. Then bring up topic of conversation when you sit down to chat.

I cannot help but feel like you will inevitably become the subject of a feature film at some stage in the next fifteen years.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

i meet women on the bus and the train. long journeys. i have had alot of luck. also it is not awkward. if she does not keep the conversation going just let it die. I always sit beside a girl i am attracted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Lads, this guy Ben is the same man who was over on the Aviation thread the other day asking why Ryanair can't land their 737's in Galway Airport. He was adamant it could be done.

I ain't gettin on no plane with Ben Sweeney, or going on the pull with him having read this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

A PUA frequenting the local coffee houses in Galway, good man Ben, "don't hate the player, hate the game"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    IBTL :D

+1

OP, lots of women in the changing room at the gym ... :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Great, great thread! :D

If she doesnt keep that conversation dont be disheartened. 99% of the time when they dont want to talk to you, its shyness. As I said before have your research done and have plenty of topics of conversation.

Also make sure to check out if they are any rings on her finger, this could be a sign that she is engaged or even married.

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time. :D

ron_burgundy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Mass

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

If I was in America or even Britain I would be rolling in dates.

If you wan't to be rolling in dates surely the Persian Gulf is the place to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Is it a good place for women?

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Online?

funny-pictures-cat-helps-with-online-dating.jpg

Lads, Ben is either taking the complete piss or he's on his school holidays or he hit his head off a low flying object - perhaps the landing gear on the 747 attempting to land out in Carnmore grazed him?

Either way, it's a quality thread. Keep it coming Ben.

I'm not taking the piss at all, my technique is very common in America. I am being innovative by introducing it to Ireland. The days of shifting some drunken young wan in a nightclub are dead and gone.
    Dare i say like many of the women you have encountered in cafes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I read books about it. The trick to is watch for a while, maybe if she is a regular watch her over a number of days

You sir are a stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Bensweeney, could you give some more tips on this approach as I think I would lke to try it... An experiment if you will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mrs. doubtfire

The best and most romantic place in Galway in my opinion is on the Dyke Road or The Docks late at night! Mostly friendly and very reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The best and most romantic place in Galway in my opinion is on the Dyke Road or The Docks late at night! Mostly friendly and very reasonable!
    The Op said "meeting *girls*"! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement