Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Butter Chips

Options
  • 02-04-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a bag of peanut butter chips? I'm trying to make this brownie recipe that would require them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a bag of peanut butter chips? I'm trying to make this brownie recipe that would require them.

I think I saw these before in Fallon and Byrne, but cant guarantee that it was exactly these I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

They are not in F&B at the moment, was only looking for them myself the other day, they have the Nestlé Tollhouse chocolate chips all right, no PB ones though.. I wonder if there's a way to make them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Yeah I've checked out F&B myself, only Nestle Tollhouse as you said, tfak.

Here's a homemade Peanut Butter Chips recipe, I just thought if I could buy a bag first before making my own as last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I've never seen peanut butter chips in Ireland, but then again I've never looked for them! The first thing that sprung to mind was that if I needed them, I would spread a thin layer of peanut butter on parchment paper and stick it in the freezer, then crack it into small pieces when it had frozen hard. Much like the method in Mrs Fox's link, but far less involved than piping individual drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Anyone notice how much the Tollhouse chocolate chips are? I am always getting friends to bring me home bags of these whenever in the states, they are very cheap there but it would be handy to get them somewhere here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

On the off chance that anyone is looking for these I saw them in F&B today, just over €7 for a bag that weighs less than 300g!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Anyone got up to date info about where to buy peanut butter chips?

I want to make this http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2014/12/chocolate-peanut-butter-cup-bark.html

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you are based in Dublin I've seen them recently in Fallon & Byrne (They were the same nutty price as tfak85 spotted them at) and in that American sweet shop in Temple Bar facing onto the Central Bank. If you aren't in Dublin you might want to say where you're living so people can help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I was given some from an american sweet shop in Galway. Don't know how much they were as they were a gift. (Reese's pb chips)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

If you are based in Dublin I've seen them recently in Fallon & Byrne (They were the same nutty price as tfak85 spotted them at) and in that American sweet shop in Temple Bar facing onto the Central Bank. If you aren't in Dublin you might want to say where you're living so people can help.

I'm in Dublin.

I don't know the american sweet shop in Temple Bar - I'll have a look there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's called CandyLab, they have a facebook page so might be able to let you know if they're in stock :)

https://www.facebook.com/CandyLabDublin

In Fallon & Byrne they were with the baking stuff (through the gap in the vegetable aisle and turn toward the front of the shop) rather than with the sweets

Advertisement