Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVP, Coaches of the Year and other awards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Wesley Chilly Jugular

matthew8 wrote: »
    You can, Raoul did too.

ahh sorry for singling you out i didnt realise he was lions i know its started already but i dont think you should be able to vote for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

McG wrote: »
    My vote would probably go to CJ2K for RB too. MJD would get offensive player of the year/season but CJ2K has done a significantly better job running the ball and that's what I'd say this award is for. MJD having way more runs than any other player and more receptions than any other player (including WRs and TEs) kinda goes against the "don't do things we wouldn't see in NFL" ethos of this league for me.

EDIT: not going to do any voting till regular season over but I think it's fair to say Berty/Jets gets most of them

Larry Johnson had 416 attempts in 2006, so why can't MJD have 399? And Ray Rice had 76 receptions last year, so why can't MJD have 84? I'm sure Charone Sanders wouldn't get 34 sacks in the NFL either.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Larry Johnson had 416 attempts in 2006, so why can't MJD have 399? And Ray Rice had 76 receptions last year, so why can't MJD have 84? I'm sure Charone Sanders wouldn't get 34 sacks in the NFL either.

Its a consipracy, "The Man" is trying to keep the Black N Silver down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Has a player ever led the league in rushes and receptions? Like I said, I'd give him offensive player (which he'll get on myleaguemanager) but I wouldn't give him the RB award when (in my opinion) there was a better RB just because his team was completely reliant on him for ground and air gains. CJ2K was more impressive on the ground. That's my opinion; others will, I'm sure, differ.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best has to be the most improved RB..

• Advertisement

Has a player ever led the league in rushes and receptions? Like I said, I'd give him offensive player (which he'll get on myleaguemanager) but I wouldn't give him the RB award when (in my opinion) there was a better RB just because his team was completely reliant on him for ground and air gains. CJ2K was more impressive on the ground. That's my opinion; others will, I'm sure, differ.

Marshall Faulk while in the "Greatest Show on Turf" might have been close

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Wesley Chilly Jugular

i see where your coming and it is unlikely that someones gona lead the league in receptions and rushing but if you cant completely disregard rbs in this west coast era players like lesean mcoy and brian westbrook in is day made a living as a running back who can catch westbrook was in my opinion a below average rusher but he could break a screen pass like no1 else

these arguments are good but we should have them on another thread as it will make totting up the scores hard at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Coach: Berty, can't really argue with it,

Rookie Coach: Daflood, an astonishingly good season for a rookie coach.

Quarterback: Chandler Jones, 28 TDs, over 3,000 yards. An amazing rookie season.

Running back: Chris Johnson, 31 TDs says it all.

Wide Receiver: Assuming I can nominate a TE here? Mr Vernon Davis, 79 receptions for an average of 20 yards. Saw what he can do first hand. Fully deserving.

Offense: Jets, second most offensive yards and they don't give the ball away.

Defense: Jets again.

I also nominate myself for coach most likely to be sacked :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good shout on Davis, he really was a beast this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Play off and superbowl MVP are good ideas too for after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

i see where your coming and it is unlikely that someones gona lead the league in receptions and rushing but if you cant completely disregard rbs in this west coast era players like lesean mcoy and brian westbrook in is day made a living as a running back who can catch westbrook was in my opinion a below average rusher but he could break a screen pass like no1 else

these arguments are good but we should have them on another thread as it will make totting up the scores hard at the end

I think maybe just discussion over the next week. Then only from next sunday is totting up votes allowed. And people have to just put their preferences in one post and there is no discussion allowed after next sunday to make this easier to count.

As for the voting for your own players, I wasn't necessarily doing that I was just making my case for him! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Coach - Berty and Jets, 16-0 again. A nightmare to play against.

Rookie Coach - Cowboys are a good shout, but hard to argue with Daflood and Broncos. Even if he fleeced me for Cody Hoppes!

Quarterback - Again can't get away from the Jets. Aaron Rodgers has been unreal. Highest Completion %, great TD/INT ratio, and all with one of the highest pass attempts in league.
    Difference between him and Locker are the INTs.

Running back - Hard to ignore MJD, love the workhorse RB. Great YPC with that many carries.
    CJ2K very close, especially with higher YPC, but the workload and the receptions really set MJD apart. One-man team.

Wide Receiver - Vernon Davis. Leads league in receptions, yards, and really high YPC. Almost impossible to defend.

Offense - Going to go with Packers, partially to avoid a Jets whitewash. But second in league in points with Jake Locker at QB, and despite a much worse turnover differential.

Defense - 150 points allowed, second in turnovers, first in 3rd down %, lowest opponent visits to red zone. Jets.

Berty should be excluded he's a beast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Coach - Berty and Jets, 16-0 again. A nightmare to play against.

Rookie Coach - I am very happy with my own rookie season, but am going to go Cowboys as their division is seriously tough and they took it with style!

Quarterback - Aaron Rodgers

Running back - Mojo ran about 500 yards of his tally on me, so I am definitely going to vote for CJ2K!!

Wide Receiver - Reggie Wayne - Still going strong!!

Offense - I had the pleasure of losing to both Packers and Jets this season and both were damn good offensively and I can't split them. - Abstain this vote!

Defense - Jets absolutely refused to let me run the ball at all!!
    - Packers absolutely refused to let me pass the ball at all!!
    My vote is for packers!

There are other premium sides that I haven't played against, that probably should be mentioned too, Cardinals etc. But I can only only go on what I have seen and what the stats say.....

Why do the stats say Charone Sanders has 34 sacks???? How did he get them?? What is going on at all??? Berty PLEASE explain!!! :eek:

I'm gonna ruffle some feathers I think with my decisions

Coach ShancC from the Cardinals, he was undefeated until he left the league, and I don't think that should be held against him.

Rookie Coach Paully from the Cowboys. Daflood had a great season but he had an easier division. If I'm not mistaken Raiders and Chargers were cpu at the start of the season. Paully joined with a weaker team (Broncos will probably be the best team on paper next season) and kicked ass in the NFC East.

Honourable mention Mathew from the Raiders, that dude is awesome, keep the faith for Al!!

Quarterback Jake Locker Packers. Santry made a decision this season to stop grounding and pounding and to air it out. This is why he has weaker stats that Rodgers. He is also a weaker player. This is scary cause if Ben get a better "eilte" QB next year.....DAMN!!

Running Back Maurice Jones Drew, so what if he had the most attempts, fair play to him for staying healthy.

Wide Receiver / Tight End If I was to pick one of my own players here I would go with Mercedes Lewis, as he had Alex Smith passing to him but hard not to go with Vernon Davis.

Offence and Defence Jets, like I said earler, BOSS!!! you can't stop him.

Et, I never really thought about Paully for rookie coach of the year. But good shout :)

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Quarterback Jake Locker Packers. Santry made a decision this season to stop grounding and pounding and to air it out. This is why he has weaker stats that Rodgers. He is also a weaker player. This is scary cause if Ben get a better "eilte" QB next year.....DAMN!!

Would Rice and a second round draft pick change that opinion? ;)

Raoul wrote: »
    Et, I never really thought about Paully for rookie coach of the year. But good shout :)

He played really well, I should know, he beat me twice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Too much voting for the AFC going on....

Coach: Cardinals
    Rookie Coach: Cowboys
    Quarterback: Locker
    Running back: Charles :)
    Wide Receiver: Davis
    Offense: Packers
    Defense: Jets.

Coach: PaullyD - Mainly because he came into a tough division and won it despite take over a team with a not good record

Rookie Coach: daflood - I've went this way due to the easier run daflood had in AFC West tbh

Quarterback: Locker
    Running back: MJD
    Wide Receiver: Davis (no contest imo)

Offense: Packers Locker was awesome

Defense: Cardinals conceded the least (after Berty)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Coach: Would also say Shane C as he was undefeated until he left

Rookie Coach: Daflood. Gave the Jets their toughest game this season

Quarterback:Jake Locker. Change in style of play by the Pack, always tough to do. Threw for the most yards so gets my vote.

Running Back: Chris Johnson of the Lions. I would like to think that I have a hand in this as the Lions got the FB who blocks for CJ from the Jets. 31 TDs = wow. That and the Raiders have a persecution complex so I cannot vote for MJD.

Wide Receiver/TE: I think Plax who went form catching only 4 passes / 1 TD all season with the Titans to a league leading 15 TDs with the Jets deserves a shout. While Vernon Davis had the most yards I think its far more difficult to complete throws to the WR's ( and there are more of them ) so Reggie Wayne of the Pack with 1427 yards get my vote here.

Offence: The new style Packers had the most yards so no question.

Defence I would be selfish here and say the Jets. Least amount of passing yards given up and by less than 1,000 yards on the ground was my best defensive performance season ever. If not Jets then the Cardinals.

And yes Sanders has 34 sacks. He is just insanely quick, quicker than most CB's. He has 90 speed and 85 acceleration, pursuit 84 and hit power of 93 but he is only rated 68 overall. Proves my theory about looking for specific traits in players rather than the overall. Reason his overall is so low is because he is as thick as a plank with awareness of only 57 and play recognition of 60 so he does not play every down.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Coach: Paully D, came in late and played really well.

Rookie Coach: Daflood

Quarterback: Jake Locker

Honourable mention: Alex Smith, had a great middle of the season picking up after Brees.

Wide Reciever: Vernon Davis

Running Back: Chris Johnson

Defense: Jets

Coach: Jets (a second consecutive perfect regular season!)
    Rookie Coach: Cowboys (tough call between Broncos and Cowboys, went with Cowboys as NFC was just a tougher place to be this season)
    Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers (Outstanding season. 115 rating, 69% completion, 34 TDs and only 10 INTs)
    Running back: Chris Johnson (MJD would get a vote for offensive player of the year but I'm giving my RB vote to the guy who got it done on the ground. If the Bills hadn't split their carries (because of injury) one of those guys probably would have got it with their crazy AYPC)
    Wide Receiver: Vernon Davis :cool:
    Offense: Packers (close call between the Packers and Jets. In the end I thought the Jets were winning too many awards already :p)
    Defense: Jets (no one was close to the Jets in D this season)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Coach: Paully D . He played excellently with a team with a lot of holes. Destroyed me in our game and came out of a very tough division

Rookie Coach: Daflood contender for coach of the year, having to play the packers/bills/jets and finishing with that record. Good stuff. Also his stats are excellent a balanced offense.

Quarterback: Jake Locker

Honourable mention: Chandler Jones, what an impact for a rookie season !

Wide Reciever: Vernon Davis nuff said

Running Back: Tough one, MJD did run over people , i never played CJ2K. So I'm going to vote for CJ2K , he help create a run and bomb offense with Desean Jackson. Sorry Raiders it was close

Offense: Packers ( Jake Locker ,, Really !!?!?! )

Defense: Jets (Yup he was just excellent this year, but i see a decline in his numbers from next n season on .

Right discussion over. Please just post who you want to win. Don't give reasons, easier for me to count then.

Mine has changed to:

Coach: Berty
    QB: Rodgers
    Rookie: Daflood
    Runningback: MJD (can't vote for Johnson)
    WR: Davis
    Offense: Berty
    Defense: DangerDave's Bills

Thought I had voted for this!!

Runningback: Johnson
    Offense: Jets

I really think my defense should get an honourable mention. Considering how many turnovers myself and Locker have thrown this season, it's pretty amazing how we're 2nd in total yards :pac:

you forgot QB.

Rookie: PaullyD
    QB: Rodgers
    WR: Davis (Hoppes if we can't vote for our own)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Rookie: paully
    Offense: packers

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Coach: Paully