Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasshouse

Options
  • 02-04-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi anyone know where polycarbonate sheeting can be sourced in the north,
    very expensive in the south. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'd be interested in that too.

p.s. thread name doesn't match the content. should be something like 'where to source polycarbonate sheets' or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

j@utis wrote: »
    I'd be interested in that too.

p.s. thread name doesn't match the content. should be something like 'where to source polycarbonate sheets' or similar.

Brent Martin are a large plastic sheeting manufacturer in Newtownabbey, co Antrim.
    I don't know if they supply to retail trade, I filled in an enquiry form last year looking some 10mm polycarbonate and never got contacted back..

I did end up using Nick Grey Polycarbonate in the uk (www.nick-gray.co.uk) I found them through eBay, you just give the exact sizes + number of sheets you require and they price it up for you. The sheets all came with the ends taped ready for use.
    Including shipping it worked out cheaper for me then getting the sheeting in Ireland.
    (Turns out the sheets were Brett martin Sheets..)

There are a couple of other suppliers in the north that I looked at, that were reasonably priced when you collected in person, can't remember the names, but Google should help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

thanks for info. I'm waiting for the calmer day to assess the wind damage to my polycarb greenhouse. I'm happy with the panels themselves but the frame is way too flexible and panels gave up without proper support in gale force winds yesterday :(

Advertisement