Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 3GS crackling noise.

• 02-04-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone 3GS from adverts. The phone was new in the box and I've loved it since day one. However, I am having a bit of an issue when it comes to calls.

Basically, when I make a call there is a crackling noise coming through the earpiece on both ends of the call; it appears to be worse on the other end of the call. This doesn't change if I try headphones or put the phone on loudspeaker.

However, if I use the phone through my cars Nokia car kit it's perfectly fine; it is also perfectly fine if I make a call through the Skype app on the handset itself. Meteor gave me a new sim to try but this made no difference and I previously had the same problem on Vodafone before switching networks last week.

As I purchased the phone privately and have no comeback I am worried that it may be an expensive fix. Has anyone had similar experiences with their iPhone or may be able to identify the root of the problem?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

If it was new in the box then the seller must have purchased it recently which means it may still be under warranty. You can contact the seller or call apple to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

TBi wrote: »
    If it was new in the box then the seller must have purchased it recently which means it may still be under warranty. You can contact the seller or call apple to ask.

Checked that out but no luck, it's not covered.

I've been told that it's most likely the Audio IC :confused: that needs replacing. Been quoted from €30 to €80 to have it replaced. Does that sound about right? Is it an easy fix?

Advertisement