Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 months left O.O

• 02-04-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys,
    Is anyone else really nervous at this stage? There is only two months left and I am practically freaking out. I haven't done much study in the last few months so I pretty much have to learn everything in those few weeks left :( I got 380 points in mocks and I need at least 480 points :/. Anyone else in the same position? If not any study tips for how I can manage to learn 6 subjects in few weeks??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

paaula wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Is anyone else really nervous at this stage? There is only two months left and I am practically freaking out. I haven't done much study in the last few months so I pretty much have to learn everything in those few weeks left :( I got 380 points in mocks and I need at least 480 points :/. Anyone else in the same position? If not any study tips for how I can manage to learn 6 subjects in few weeks??

Im in the exact same position, and I got the same as you in the mocks :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

First off, I'm freaking out too, but 2 months is actually a really long time. If you did 4 hours every day up until the leaving you'll have done 256 hours of study and 4 hours a day isn't even that much! I'm doing between 6-8 hours a day over the holidays and you would be amazed how much that extra few hours gets you. it might seem impossible, but once you sit down and start going its not actually that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Chuchoter wrote: »
    First off, I'm freaking out too, but 2 months is actually a really long time. If you did 4 hours every day up until the leaving you'll have done 256 hours of study and 4 hours a day isn't even that much! I'm doing between 6-8 hours a day over the holidays and you would be amazed how much that extra few hours gets you. it might seem impossible, but once you sit down and start going its not actually that bad

True. And 256 hours is easily enough time to cover 6 subjects in a good bit of detail

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paaula

FinnD wrote: »
    Im in the exact same position, and I got the same as you in the mocks :L

I am glad im not the only one :L I procrastinate a lot but I will try and make myself study 4 hours a day. I guess it will be all worth it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I got 400 in the mocks and want 500 at least..So I am doing around 6-8 hours a day of study :/
    Also I have all the topics I want covered for each subject written down and will tick them off when done :D

• Advertisement

David1994 wrote: »
    I got 400 in the mocks and want 500 at least..So I am doing around 6-8 hours a day of study :/
    Also I have all the topics I want covered for each subject written down and will tick them off when done :D

6-8 hours a day? How do you make yourself study that much? I wish I was that organised :L

Dunno really I find once I sit down and know what needs to be done it becomes easier...I eventually find myselff losing track of time and studying becomes easier then :D

I think I am going to try and turn into a nerd for the next few weeks :D 6-8 hours of studying a day...here I come! :L

paaula wrote: »
    I think I am going to try and turn into a nerd for the next few weeks :D 6-8 hours of studying a day...here I come! :L

Haha I consider myself already as a good,intelligent student but yeah I need the points so it has to be done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

i feel the exact same i got 300 in the mocks but need 400..really freaking out at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Lausie93

I failed maths and irish in the mocks but still technically got 330 (if i dont count that all my other subjects don't count because i technically failed my mocks because i failed maths!) Anywaaay hoping to get at least 500 points and have been studying few hours every day for a while now.

I think there's enough time left if you scare yourself into thinking your going to fail the whole thing horribly if you don't start studying at least 4 hours every day from now on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Lausie93 wrote: »
    I failed maths and irish in the mocks but still technically got 330 (if i dont count that all my other subjects don't count because i technically failed my mocks because i failed maths!) Anywaaay hoping to get at least 500 points and have been studying few hours every day for a while now.

I think there's enough time left if you scare yourself into thinking your going to fail the whole thing horribly if you don't start studying at least 4 hours every day from now on :)

You don't fail your whole leaving cert if yo fail maths, you fail what you fail and you pass what you pass. If you fail maths and need it to get into a college course, I'm pretty sure you can just repeat the maths exam the next year and use your points from the first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lostmymam

Ugh, the oral study is EXTREMELY time consuming. I want to rewise other subjects but theres 40% of the total irish marks going to the oral. And 25% in french which doesn't suit me cos i just get very nervous and end up messing it up. i perform better in the written in both papers.

StressStressStressStressStress.

But yeah, 2 months, can't wait to be finished. :)

Yeah, I can't wait for leaving cert to be over. Only two months left :) which is great but also scary :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

My teacher keeps saying that if I was any more laid back I'd be horizontal :rolleyes: It's a fine mix of laziness and the ''be grand'' attitude that I've got going on :o

2 months til the leaving = 2 months and two weeks 'til we're finished. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

I'm doing ridiculous hours of study and nothing seems to be going in! I got 545 in the mocks but need about 590! This oral works is frustrating too, could go so badly wrong on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

Heard that one in maths...Think they've some bad jokes book ;)

What have people revised at this stage?? I've been doing 6 hours study last few days, its such a load of poooop!! Is it a good idea to take one whole day off a week to do absolutely nothing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

I don't know about you guys but I'm shítin myself......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Lausie93 wrote: »
    What have people revised at this stage?? I've been doing 6 hours study last few days, its such a load of poooop!! Is it a good idea to take one whole day off a week to do absolutely nothing??
    if it keeps the stress off i would. very important to get a balance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've only done about 4-6 hours.
    I'm actually going to wake up early this week and start earlier and try and do more hours and I want to get back to a normal waking up routine.
    It's strange how close it is now and plus it's my second time I have to do much better. Baring in mind I didn't really use my time effectively last year and wasted easter. I had the wrong subjects for the LC too and didn't have enough honours and the time went too fast. I'm thinking of deactivating my facebook for the month of may onwards or I might get someone to change the password for me and not give it back to me until the LC is over. I've actually been watching less tv this year too.

So far i have been doing around 4 hours a day but took the saturday off. I am hoping to study more next week but it's so hard :L. I procrastinate a lot :/

Its Tuesday now and i've stayed up past 4 o' clock at night since Sunday. Every time i try study for the irish oral i just end up wasting two hours on my laptop convincing myself i'm 'studying'. How much time are people giving to oral vs. written this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've woke up at 12 for the past couple of days. I woke up much earlier last week. And it keeps taking me ages to get to sleep.
    I haven't done a lot for my French oral yet. I might do some tonight , I'm still focusing more on my other subjects .

I haven't started studying french either. I think Ill start during the weekend. How is everyone dealing with the stress? I keep stressing about how i am not studying enough and then I end up not studying at all because im so stressed. :(

@Paaula Thats exactly what i've been doing too. I always feel like im not doing enough then i end up procrastinating and envisioning my future as a waster because i didn't bother studying enough :rolleyes:

How have people been prepping for the irish oral? I can study away with written work but when it comes to oral i always just end up doing nothing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I promised myself I would study full on this week for the irish oral...............
    hasn't happened yet :(

Load of poop. Me and a couple friends got together today to do oral and we were wrecked after an hour! May try again tomorrow shur!

I can't believe im still not studying :/ What is wrong with me?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Im not prepared at all for this leaving cert.....but I would sit it on Monday just to get it over with. Tired of school at this stage.

Advertisement