Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny USA visit flight cost €66,325 euro

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Meh, its using the government jet for its purpose, state visits, not ferrying politicians on their holidays, if it creates a few jobs or gets even one compant to etablish here its money well spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

So how come in the UK, Gordon Brown uses Virgin Atlantic and Kenny has to go all out.

What is wrong with supporting Aer Lingus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

kevinmcc wrote: »
    So how come in the UK, Gordon Brown uses Virgin Atlantic and Kenny has to go all out.

Maybe because Gordon is no longer PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

stimpson wrote: »
    A Gulfstream VI seats 16 people. Works out at about €4K per head

Dublin to Washington on Lufthansa Business Class works out at €3200 and takes 13 hours with a stopover in London.

Don't forget he went to New York too.

Thread/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The USA? Are you serious?

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-show/slide-show-1-nations-with-aaa-rating/20110808.htm

The economy of the United States is the world's largest national economy.

Its nominal GDP was estimated to be nearly $14.7 trillion in 2010, about a quarter of nominal global GDP.

Its GDP at purchasing power parity was also the largest in the world, about a fifth of global GDP at purchasing power parity.

The US economy also maintains a very high level of output per capita.

On August 5, 2011, Standards & Poor's, one of the premier rating agencies in the world, downgraded United States debt (basically financial securities issued by the US government to finance its fiscal deficit) to AA+ from AAA rating, a rating it first awarded the US way back in 1941.

And this has led to a worldwide bloodbath in the financial and stock makets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

one of the world's most economically powerful countries.

The USA? Are you serious?
    He's not attracting investment from the USA as a state. He's attracting American businesses to invest in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Dublin to Washington on Lufthansa Business Class works out at €3200 and takes 13 hours with a stopover in London.

Get out of here with your logic and correct maths! People are trying to be outraged here!
    Regarding the British PM travelling BA, are they regular scheduled flights or do they charter the aircraft specially?
    This government are not flippant about the use of the government jet (unlike FF) and this case was justified as Stimson clearly shows

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

i like Enda,i think he's nice.i just wish he'd kiss the ground when he gets off the plane like he used to,so he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

How much does the Jet cost when its not in use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

OP, wait till we get the bill for his China visit, you'll absolutley shít yourself when you see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I wonder what strings he is pulling that we can't see. €66,325 spent.

How much was his grant for getting a hair cut? How much did the get for sprousing himself up? How much for the meal? No doubt way way more than it would actually cost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Sky King wrote: »
    66,000 / 100 = 660
    Thanks
    Yea I realised that after I posted, corrected now:o

boy do I feel stoopid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Plazaman wrote: »
    OP, wait till we get the bill for his China visit, you'll absolutley shít yourself when you see that.

I generally do after anything Chinese, it goes through me like a Ferrari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Did 16 people actually go on the plane or just a few?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭sdanseo

kraggy wrote: »
    Did 16 people actually go on the plane or just a few?

They generally take an entourage - who would have to be flown out anyway commercially. Advisors, Security, Taoiseach's Press Officer, Personal Sectretary etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The cost of flying Taoiseach, Enda Kenny to the United States on the Government Gulfstream IV - under the Ministerial Air Transport Service provided by the Air Corps - was an estimated €66,325. This cost was borne by the Department of Defence.

So there you go, the equivalent of 660 households who paid tax.

What a waste

Ok i think that except able considering he gave the catholic church the two fingers...

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Didn't Bertie say there's no toilet on the jet.

A private jet could land at a airport closer to the white house. Did they use commercial airports

Advertisement