Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under payment of wages

Options
  • 02-04-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everybody,
    I am contracted to work for a large telecoms provider in Ireland through a large sub contracting firm who are based in India. For the last 3 months, my salary has been underpaid by aprox €200 per month. I have contacted HR, management and payroll and the issue remains unresolved. My payslips are saying that there are miscellaneous deductions, but they fail to explain this.

The payroll people are based in India and seem to work on Indian time, and dealing with them is next to impossible.

I only began working for this vendor 3 months ago after being transferred from another vender, my terms and conditions were supposed to transfer but no new employment contract was signed.

Can anybody fill me in on my rights? I have sent numerous emails to try and get the issue resolved and I am not even getting replies and the one time I did get a reply I was told somebody from India would contact me but they have not.

Am I in my rights to refuse to work till all payments are up to date? Is this something I can take to the labour court?

FYI, my salary is very low, 20k. Which is about 7k less than the average salary for my job. Thus the €200 shortfall per month is having a serious effect on me.

Please advise if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

You can complain to the Rights Commissioner under the Payment of Wages Act. The Rights Commissioners are a pain to deal with however and it can be very slow. It is probably better to sue in the District Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Today I emailed payroll and HR demanding all outstanding payments, they have not even bothered to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you spoken to your manager about this? What did s/he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

have you a union?
    maybe worth contacting them

Advertisement