Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom prices for non NGB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I noticed that alright.

I'm on eircom's bog standard 1Mb bundle which is costing me more than the basic NGB bundle :confused:

Even after the 6 month offer when the basic NGB goes up to €45 per month, that's still less than what I am paying at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

On the Eircom site, I see the link for broadband products.

https://secure.eircom.net/apps/talktime/hero_landing.jsp

but they seem to show only NGB prices.
    Or what's Eircom's current monthly price for "up to 7Mb" (i.e. non NGB)

Hi Zimmerframe,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay replying.

eircom's standard new packages have been setup on the website as above and these are designed to make it easier to view and evaluate bundle products.

The following website may also help if you need to look through eircom broadband and phone packages and general add-ons:

You can also request a call back from our Broadband Sales - Freephone 1800 202 081

eircom home Phone Plans

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thanks for the reply Ant, unfortunately that link shows nothing about broadband. Looking at the coverage map, most of the country seems to be in a non NGB area, but there seems to be no mention of non Ngb prices.

Anyway, I just want to know, what is the cheapest "up to 7mb" broadband only (non Ngb) package per month.

Thanks for the reply Ant, unfortunately that link shows nothing about broadband. Looking at the coverage map, most of the country seems to be in a non NGB area, but there seems to be no mention of non Ngb prices.

Anyway, I just want to know, what is the cheapest "up to 7mb" broadband only (non Ngb) package per month.

Just checked my last bill;

- eircom talktime friends €51.22
    - Broadbamd Home Starter [up to 1Mb capped at 10GB €41.30
    - Talktime/Broadband Bundle discount - €18.26

total 74.26 excluding VAT.
    Total including VAT €91.34 for two months.

I'd like to know why the most basic eircom package is more expensive than the basic NGB package 8Mb

Also the link on my bill has expired for information on talktime packages www.eircom.net/talktime

Try here Zimmerframe, but when you click on the more details link, this brings you to NGB!!!!

Hi Zimmerframe,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Previous Broadband packages and prices are shown below. Obviously, depending on add-ons and bundled packages /online offers and standard promotions/ the prices will vary :

Essentially though with the bundle and promotions it will work out cheaper.

Residential Home Broadband :

Home Starter - Up to 1Mb - €24.99
    Home Plus - Up to 3Mb - €29.99
    Home Advanced - upto 7Mb - €39.82
    Home Professional - Up to 7,6Mb - €48.40

Price Inc VAT

If you need more information and advice on current broadband packages and bundles, please contact Sales directly :

1800 503303 or you can request a call back as advised on the previous post.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Just checked my last bill;

- eircom talktime friends €51.22
    - Broadbamd Home Starter [up to 1Mb capped at 10GB €41.30
    - Talktime/Broadband Bundle discount - €18.26

total 74.26 excluding VAT.
    Total including VAT €91.34 for two months.

I'd like to know why the most basic eircom package is more expensive than the basic NGB package 8Mb

Also the link on my bill has expired for information on talktime packages www.eircom.net/talktime

Try here Zimmerframe, but when you click on the more details link, this brings you to NGB!!!!

Hi DeadSkin,

Thank you for posting on the Boards Forum and pointing out the website link. I have already advised our online team on this and I apololgise for any inconvenience caused.

Our new package bundles and add-ons are now outlined on the following website :

eircom Phone /Broadband Packages

*NGB is categorised as a different product to standard broadband and hence it is is priced differently. eircom are attempting to roll out NGB nationwide and as soon as this is available in your area, you will be automatically upgraded for free.

*NGB, or Next Generation Broadband, is essentially fibre powered broadband, which guarantees consistent download speeds, whatever time of the day, even at peak times.
    NGB is also a free upgrade up to *8Mb (or up to*24Mb in cases).

ADSL is rate adaptive based technology, which means that your broadband connection speed is governed by the distance from your premises to the exchange. See www.ngb.ie for more information.

If you need further information on broadband, or your bill just let me know, or call directly :

Customer Care : 1901 freephone

Regards,
    Ant

Hi DeadSkin,

Thank you for posting on the Boards Forum and pointing out the website link. I have already advised our online team on this and I apololgise for any inconvenience caused.

Our new package bundles and add-ons are now outlined on the following website :

eircom Phone /Broadband Packages

*NGB is categorised as a different product to standard broadband and hence it is is priced differently. eircom are attempting to roll out NGB nationwide and as soon as this is available in your area, you will be automatically upgraded for free.

*NGB, or Next Generation Broadband, is essentially fibre powered broadband, which guarantees consistent download speeds, whatever time of the day, even at peak times.
    NGB is also a free upgrade up to *8Mb (or up to*24Mb in cases).

ADSL is rate adaptive based technology, which means that your broadband connection speed is governed by the distance from your premises to the exchange. See www.ngb.ie for more information.

If you need further information on broadband, or your bill just let me know, or call directly :

Customer Care : 1901 freephone

Regards,
    Ant

Hi ant, sending you a PM there. Thanks.

Advertisement