Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BOI Current Account

Options
  • 02-04-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Dear Team,

For many, many, many reasons I want to close my account with BOI as I have had enough.

I am not in a position to go into the branch or to ring through to "Customer Services".

A search of the website revealed no instructions on how to do this via the online banking, so it would appear that I can not do it via the web either.

Please advise how I can close this account as soon as possible with yourselves. I really do not want to do business with yourselves any longer.

Kind regards

very fed BOI (preferably ex-) customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi AlbionCat

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy and wish to close your account.

To close your account you can send a request in writing to the account holding branch. You can find their address here. If there is a balance in your account, please provide the details of where you would like us to send the money, in the letter as well.

We understand you are not in a position to go into the branch or call, but if you would like to speak to someone, we can arrange for a member of our team to call you at a time that is convenient. If you would like me to set this up please pm me your name and contact number and I will arrange for someone to call you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Dear Linda,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I shall send a letter to the branch asking them to close the account and transfer the monies accordingly.

Thank you for the offer of someone ringing me, but I really do not trust the contact center staff to give me accurate information. Twice I have been given incorrect/erroneous information via the telephone service which has cost me and I no longer trust them. I now prefer to have everything documented via email/letter etc., when dealing with BOI.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards.

AC

Once again, sorry you had a bad experience. If I can be of any more help please let me know.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Hi Team,

I posted originally about closing my account, which I did on 11 April and was also forced to pay for the priviledge of closing it. I was advised I would recieve a letter the following week confirming the account had closed.

To date I have not recieved this letter nor a statement. I have now waited over a month for this confirmation, which I require for my records and to add to the complaint I am currently preparing.

Will I ever recieved confirmation that my account has been closed, or should I just go ahead with my formal complaint to the Ombudsman - it is already a long list, I am sure one more complaint will not burden them too much.

Kind regards,

AC

Hi AlbionCat,

I am sorry to hear you have not received this information yet. If you can contact the account holding branch, they should be able to send that letter to you or if you would like to pm me with your name, contact number and the branch that your account was held with I will organise someone to contact you and organise the letter to be sent asap.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement