Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porblems with management company...

Options
  • 02-04-2012 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

... I don't know exactly where to put this...

Well, I'm renting an apartment in an apartment block. Work needs to be done on the apartment I'm currently in so I was told by my landlord that I have to be relocated and that one of my options was to choose another apartment in the building. I was told that it will all be paid for as it's not my fault etc. So I told one of the people in the management conmpany that I want to have a look at the free apartments in the building, and he did this. He was a very domineering man...scariest eyes I've ever seen.
    Anyway, yesterday my landlord said that the management company want 1000 euro off me for the move even though I was told it was all free because I was being forced out for 5 weeks confused.gifconfused.gif
    My landlord said to me to not pay it. What do I do? Is this even legal?confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Tell your landlord to screw himself and get involved - your agreement is with the landlord and not the mngt company.
    If the landlord cant find you alternative accommodation himself then the agreement will have to be terminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

This would probably be better suited in the Accommodation & Property section.

What do they want the €1000 for? If it's a refundable deposit, then I can kinda understand it - even if they have an empty apartment, they don't want you to trash it while you're in there for 5 weeks.

Of course, you've already paid a deposit to your landlord for that purpose. If it is for a deposit, the "reasonable" thing would be for your landlord to return your current deposit, you then pay that to the mgmt company (taking photos of everywhere before you move in), then when you're moving back to your own place, give your landlord the deposit back again. Unfortunately I can see how you'd end up as piggy in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 randomuser123

The landlord got involved and said that they weren't forcing me to pay afterall...they wanted me to make a "voluntary contribution" towards the costs of the relocation. rofl.

It's all sorted now ...I'm not paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The landlord got involved and said that they weren't forcing me to pay afterall...they wanted me to make a "voluntary contribution" towards the costs of the relocation. rofl.

It's all sorted now ...I'm not paying.
    HA! lucky you had your head screwed on!
    They probably ripped off a few vulnerable or elderly people that way.

Advertisement