Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Research

Options
  • 02-04-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm tentatively looking at the property in the North Dublin area - but I'm struggling to find out whether the prices I'm looking at are real / imaginary.

I want to carry out some research on the houses I'm interested in - but it is hard to find historic information - even in the Irish Times etc. For example, I'd like to know what was paid for the property and when and any other information I could find out.

Does anybody know / have any ideas about how one would go about doing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

You can look for similar properties on irishpropertywatch.net

But again these are only asking prices.

We don't have visibility over the sell prices yet, but should have it when the pricing index comes out in June(I think it's June anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Irish Property Watch is a great site for getting the latest asking property prices, and gives all the price reductions and price increases.

There is nothing, as yet, to show the actual sale price but it is meant to be coming this year!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055495602
    see propertybee addon in that post ,tracks price changes,
    price depends on age of house .has it got new kitchen ,energy rating etc.
    OLD empty houses that need modernisation are cheaper.
    Look at ten similar propertys in an area to make sure price is realistic.
    Empty house is likely a probate or owned by a bank sale.

Advertisement