Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eye liner virgin

• 02-04-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am trying to get to grips with eye liner

I know where to draw a eye liner line on teh bottom lash with a pencil but for the top lashes do I draw the line under the lashed or above them? (hope this makes sense. I dont want to do a flick or anything just more defined eyes.
    I have never used gel or liquid, just the pencil and I only have it done on the bottom lashes, but I now want to graduate to doing the top lashes.
    Any advice or help appericated

thanks

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

go have a look on YouTube for tutorials on it, I find its much easier to understand if you can see what people ate doing.
    this might help also http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/back-to-basics-7-how-to-apply-gel-liner/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

thanks a million

never thought of that and thats how I learned how to use heated rollers

Thanks a milion

M:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Can anyone recommend an eye liner that doesnt smudge? I bought a gosh one years ago and it was brilliant, think it was velvet something.

I bought an other one a few weeks ago and it ends up every where. Ive tried it under foundation, over it, with powder etc, no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an eye liner that doesnt smudge? I bought a gosh one years ago and it was brilliant, think it was velvet something.

I bought an other one a few weeks ago and it ends up every where. Ive tried it under foundation, over it, with powder etc, no joy.

Urban Decay 24/7 pencils are brilliant. The MAC ones are good, but the black pencil smudges like crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anything cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Go with a water proof eyeliner if you don't want it to smudge. Rimmel do a nice pencil (not a pencil as such, it's one of the twisty ones that pops up) that stays in place all day and night! I can't imagine it't too expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

if you want a gel liner maybelleine has an amazing one. the rimmel exaggerateis very decent too, its also waterproof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

love avon gel liner pencil their about 7e but theres always offers on , prefer it to UD 24/7 .

gel eyeliner i love num 77 inglot about 13e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

if youre going to grauduate to top eyeline(as you want it looking clean,straight and non messy) i would suggest bourjois eyeliner or naturals in boots for 3 Euros which is good value or superdrug miss sporty eyeliner at 2 Euros..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I find Essence kajal pencil to be quite good and it's cheap too. Haven't seen it on the stands in ages, I think they changed the packaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

I am trying to get to grips with eye liner

I know where to draw a eye liner line on teh bottom lash with a pencil but for the top lashes do I draw the line under the lashed or above them? (hope this makes sense. I dont want to do a flick or anything just more defined eyes.
    I have never used gel or liquid, just the pencil and I only have it done on the bottom lashes, but I now want to graduate to doing the top lashes.
    Any advice or help appericated

thanks

M

You can line your top lashes above or below the lash line, depending on what kind of look you want to achieve.

I will sometimes just line along my upper lashes waterline if I want a "no make up" look as this makes my lashes look thicker and fuller without using loads of products. Lining your upper waterline like this is called tightlining. You can also tightline on a more dramatic look, like a smokey eye, to give more definition.

If I want a more defined look, I will use a gel liner and brush to go along the top of my lashes and a little flick out towards the end in a cat's eye. You can look on youtube for some tutorials or just practice a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

What I use to do when I starting lining my eyes was every night until I got the hang of it before bed I would practice, that way you don't look like Cleopatra heading out the door!
    All you need is practice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'd recommend Maybelline gel liner, it's fab.

If you're only learning I'd recommend putting it on before your eyeshadow and using a cotton bud to wipe away mistakes as you go along. Then layer your normal shadow on as usual and although it's bleach out the line a bit it'll act as a guide so you can then go over it afterwards and it'll make it a lot easier to achieve a good look.

It's taken me a while to get the hang of it and I still make mistakes but cotton buds are your friend, along with a really good eyeliner brush! I always find it much easier to line with a brush than a pencil!

Advertisement