Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Tesco Mobile Charging for Roaming Webtext

Options
  • 02-04-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

This is a strange one. My wife was in the UK last week and was using webtext on a laptop computer.

Then the credit in her phone began to disappear in 13c increments.

Tesco mobile cannot see on their records where the credit is gone or thats what they claim anyway.

For example: The phone was switched off last Saturday night with 9.15 Euro showing in balance. When it was switched on again on Sunday morning, the balance was 8.37 Euro which equals 6 X 13c.

The representative I spoke can't see any of this on their system and asked me for the time and dates the credit was taken.

I said that surely they were the ones with the data.

The webtexts sent while in the UK show as free on "My Usage" but I believe that the only logical explanation is that they are charged at 13c each.

The person did confirm that webtexts sent while roaming are free.

This must have happened to someone else.

She asked for a refund of all the 13c's but was refused.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

ei9go wrote: »
    This is a strange one. My wife was in the UK last week and was using webtext on a laptop computer.

Then the credit in her phone began to disappear in 13c increments.

Tesco mobile cannot see on their records where the credit is gone or thats what they claim anyway.

For example: The phone was switched off last Saturday night with 9.15 Euro showing in balance. When it was switched on again on Sunday morning, the balance was 8.37 Euro which equals 6 X 13c.

The representative I spoke can't see any of this on their system and asked me for the time and dates the credit was taken.

I said that surely they were the ones with the data.

The webtexts sent while in the UK show as free on "My Usage" but I believe that the only logical explanation is that they are charged at 13c each.

The person did confirm that webtexts sent while roaming are free.

This must have happened to someone else.

She asked for a refund of all the 13c's but was refused.

Hi there

There is no such thing as roaming webtexts. When your webtext balance runs out or when you are not eligible for free webtext you can still send webtexts but they are charged like normal texts. Please PM me your details and I will look into for you.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement