Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Gira, April 4th @ the Button Factory

Options
  • 02-04-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

This guy possibly had the most turbulent teenage years I've ever heard of.
    You can read it all http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/profile.php?ID=2645 but it in a nutshell he lived in LA, moved to Indiana with his dad, ran away and hitch hiked across Europe, arrested for selling drugs and imprisoned in an adult prison, found by Interpol, returns to America-all in his teens.

Michael Gira (SWANS)
    + Cian Nugent
    Button Factory
    Seated Show
    Wednesday April 4
    Doors 7.30
    Tickets €14 fromwww.tickets.ie/umack, Sound Cellar & Into The Void records :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Excellent show last night, one of the best I've been at in ages.
    Any idea of the setlist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 APrender

He played the following Swans songs anyway (not intended as correct running order):

• Jim
    • Eden Prison
    • My Birth
    • Reeling The Liars In (I think)
    • Blind
    • She Lives
    • Oxygen
    Also played the Love Song from Angels of Light How I Loved You album, as well as a new song from forthcoming Swans album The Seer

He played more but ****ed if I can remember exactly what.

Damn, the last thing I can remember there last night was a pretty girl with dark hair (think she was sitting somewhere beside the dudes in the sound box). She was with another girl with dark hair. Very easy on the eye. Nice night all round.

*edit* I think he also (or either) played Two Women from How I Loved You.

Advertisement