Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do multi-millionaires become rich at the expense of relationships?

• 02-04-2012 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I was talking to my Brother yesterday about this. I was listening to a Diddy interview and he said he works 20 hours a day.

I mean to become very rich you really have to work extremely hard and long hours. But is this at the expense of relationships? (ie family and friends.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Not really. Depends how high maintenance/independant your partner is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I was talking to my Brother yesterday about this. I was listening to a Diddy interview and he said he works 20 hours a day.

I mean to become very rich you really have to work extremely hard and long hours. But is this at the expense of relationships? (ie family and friends.)

Diddy also seems like a complete tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Youd really miss your brother wouldnt you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I was listening to a Diddy interview and he said he works 20 hours a day.

He's full of shít. This would mean around 2-3 hours sleep a day and you couldn't function on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Cool bro story.

Who's Diddy?

Generally, yes, if you're in business or such you'll have to work long hours, for a fair few years at least, but I'd imagine most people with a strong desire to earn lots of money for the sake of it wouldn't be the type of people to get too heavily invested in personal relationships anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

smash wrote: »
    He's full of shít. This would mean around 2-3 hours sleep a day and you couldn't function on that.

2-3 hours does sound a bit extreme, but I remember reading an interview with Gordon Ramsey and he says he only sleeps 4-5 hours a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

What would I do for a few million euro??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What does Diddy work at? it's not physical work, he has a team of helpers doing everything for him, fcuking tosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Unless you win the lotto or come into a lot of money, in order to ger rich you need to work hard and make sacrifices. Sure you might not get to see your family so much, but at the same time I think the it's worth it if you're able to provide you and your family with a ton of wealth and finacial stability.

I'll keep it short and sweet,Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue."
    forbes.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I was listening to a Diddy interview and he said he works 20 hours a day.

Lyrics like this don't come easy bro.........
    uh huh yeah

**** my enemies

**** my foes

damn these hoes

back up off me

give me room to breathe

i'm not hearin it

im not fearin it

im up to my ears in this

bull****

i'm destructive

some women find that seductive

some say it's lunacy

reluctantly i've been moving on

i ignore you

sorry if i bore you

i neglect you

don't mean to disrespect you

can't you see

i love you dearly

and i sincerly

but you annoy me

you can't avoid me

i'm here to stay

forever andever

and a day that's never

i can't let you go

i can't forget it

why you did it

and won't aquit it

i wanna fight you

i'll ****in bite you

can't stand nobody like you

you can't run

you can't hide

no surprise

close your eyes

come with me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Show us yer diddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The definition of Rich is relative.
    When you get into the deca-millions it seems to become a dick-measuring exercise with people.

So you want to be a millionaire?
    Save €9,155, move to Japan and declare yourself a 'millionaire'.

Got talking to a lad from Madagascar a year ago and he said he was working at his job (hotel reception) until he had €30k saved. He would at that point be a millionaire at home and could retire if he wished. He was only 26 and probably on minimum wage but it was admirable to see that he had it all planned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

this is just shoite they tell people to make them happier being poor -"ah, he may be rich but I bet he's not happy". Most of the rich people I know spend half their lives on holiday while still getting richer as their minnions keep the business going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Multi Millionaires should never get mattied.

There'll be always be a queue of gash. Just bang them and dump them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Multi Millionaires should never get mattied.

There'll be always be a queue of gash. Just bang them and dump them
    no-one likes being mattied, he smells of poor and wears Le Coq Sportif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 issem

Well I heard diddy touches kiddys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

"Success is relative, the more success the more relatives"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

mikom wrote: »
    Lyrics like this don't come easy bro.........

Hes a producer as well as a shít "rapper". but i highly doubt he works that much.

Also my old boss told me you can have love or money unless you can find another 7 days in the week.

Advertisement