Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineer - Calgary or Edmonton

Options
  • 02-04-2012 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

So I'm thinking on heading to Alberta in June when I finish college. I'm wondering if anyone on here could advise me on whether Calgary or Edmonton would be best.

I know its going to be a bit trickier trying to get a job due to the fact that I'm a new graduate. I do have 6 months experience.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Trying either Calgary or Edmonton will be a good start for a Graduate. Better than Vancouver or Toronto anyway for what you are looking for.

You should check out work in the more remote regions / cities. Fort McMurray, Fort Nelson, Grand Prairie Dawson etc.
    They are the places that cant get people so they are more likely to hire a Junior.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Donegal town

Hi everyone.
    Im in the process of getting my visa sorted. I was in canada last year but my stay was cut short due to personal reasons. Stayed in edmonton. Wasnt to pushed on it to be honest. I think ill be there in july all going well. Im a 27 year old fella, And will be travelling on my tod.
    Ill be looking for work in construction, Diggers , Dozers, etc.
    Any advice on places to stay until i get my feet on the ground would be great,
    Reguards
    Danny....

Advertisement