Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Sandyford

Options
  • 02-04-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi Everybody,

I couldn't find up to date information on this so i said i would start a new thread. Looks like i will be doing some work for the next year or so out in Sandyford. The Vodafone building to be precise.

I am not too familiar with the area, would anybody be able to shed some light on parking arrangements out there? Do they have their own allocation of spaces? Is it free?

In terms of what's nearby i understand there are lots of spaces a bit of a walk away, are these free?

Any info appreciated. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Where would you be coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Id be coming off the M50 if i was in the car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Vodafone have their own underground car park, I assume you are working as a contractor so I would think it unlikely they would give you a swipe for the barrier. Central Park (where Voda is) is bad for parking, double yellows everywhere. All roads in Sandyford Industrial Estate, which is just across the road are pay & display, little or no free parking anywhere. If you are anywhere near a luas station I would advise using it as the stop in Central Park is about 1 minute from the Voda building. If I were you I would check with facilities in Voda about parking for workers first.

Vodafone have their own underground car park, I assume you are working as a contractor so I would think it unlikely they would give you a swipe for the barrier. Central Park (where Voda is) is bad for parking, double yellows everywhere. All roads in Sandyford Industrial Estate, which is just across the road are pay & display, little or no free parking anywhere. If you are anywhere near a luas station I would advise using it as the stop in Central Park is about 1 minute from the Voda building. If I were you I would check with facilities in Voda about parking for workers first.

Thanks for that info.. i have the same feeling about them not giving contractors access to underground. Would be ideal. Luas isn't overly handy but will have to look at it if i don't fancy paying every day.

Do you know what the rate of parking is? Long term discounts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

The cheapest pay and display parking is on the old Atlantic DIY site, beside Beacon/Luas - €10 a week if you prepay

Failing that, you are looking at parking in a housing estate, but you wont be very popular...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

homer911 wrote: »

Failing that, you are looking at parking in a housing estate,

Make sure you have a good spare tyre, or better still, four good spares.

Thanks for the info folks.. i have heard that there is a business park with a lot of spaces there? (I think they said building there stopped and now people use it to park?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I would imagine that is the old Atlantic Homecare site as mentioned in previous post, but it is a good walk from there to Vodafone, especially if it is hissing rain!

Advertisement