Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one who thinks the lday serving in the SU shop in DIT Kevin St is rude?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 3:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

She is frightfully rude, impolite to customers, never says please and thank you.

Also, why do the SU claim the shop "saves you money" when the 2 euro shop is cheaper ?? :confused:

A bar of chocolate or bottle of coke is cheaper in the shops in town ...

and if you go accross to the canteen just across the hallway they are cheaper, despite being privately run.

edit lday >> lady

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Yes I'll agree she's not the friendliest person in the world. And if you find them expensive, don't buy from them, if enough people do that then maybe they'll lower the price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 butyl_acrylate

Mo14 wrote: »
    Yes I'll agree she's not the friendliest person in the world. And if you find them expensive, don't buy from them, if enough people do that then maybe they'll lower the price.

not the friendliest person ?? :P shes a downright <<mod snip - less of that>> !!!

Spilt my change over the bars of chocolate and stretched over to serve next customer. I complained to SU but obviously like all unions couldnt give a french mans feck :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Marenghi

She's not friendly but I never noticed her being particulary rude. The prices are ridiculous though. Everything can be gotten cheaper in the canteen. You'd think the SU shop would be run with everything cheap for the students. I stopped buying there once I realised a bottle of BPM could be gotten 50c cheaper a minute away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Actually to add to this, the one thing that is cheaper is coffee, but its absolute muck. Much rather pay an extra 70c and get a decent cup.

(I'm talking about AST SU shop here, but I assume its the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

She's miserable! I prefer to go to the canteen to get my tea and get served by the Spanish (I think) lady, you know, the one who says thank yooooooou, love her :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I think shes grand. She says hello says thanks but then I am a man with a friendly face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The ones who work in CBS aren't much better by the sounds of things. Most of the time when I go in they're either on their phone, on facebook or messing with the music on the computer and leave you standing there for ages before serving you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

She's miserable! I prefer to go to the canteen to get my tea and get served by the Spanish (I think) lady, you know, the one who says thank yooooooou, love her :)

Always convinced she is flirting with me love the spainish laugh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

No idea what you guys are talking about she always seems really friendly to me and always makes small talk.

Price is a completely different issue. I agree they're nearly more expensive on everything except coffee (and i also actually like the coffee there). I wouldn't say it's a massive difference on price, the only thing I've noticed is that cans are 95 cent there and 90cent in the canteen.

Advertisement