Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year working visa to USA-Interview Advice and preperation??

Options
  • 02-04-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I have my interview for working in US for 1 year in the american embassy soo. I have all the requirements, money etc so basically im looking for a heads up on what exactly they ask you as I am nervous. I have no sponsor or work lined up because I can do that when I am there. I have a place to stay organised online with someone I have never physically met... Ill be sharing basically. Do I give that address as where Im staying or how do I approach all that- as I assume the interbiewer would think it a little weird that I met someone online and am sharing with them but i dont really know them.... otherwise any tips on what they ask... nervous here! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Is it the 12 month J1 graduate visa you got?

That's the one I have at the moment and the 'interview' was literally:
    Q. When did you graduate?
    A. November 25th 2010.

Ok, your visa is approved. Enjoy!

I'm not saying they're all like that but if you research what jobs are out there and have a backup plan should your job hunt be unsuccessful in the first city then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Adrianno28

I'm not saying they're all like that but if you research what jobs are out there and have a backup plan should your job hunt be unsuccessful in the first city then you should be fine

yeah thats the one, iv a letter from my job saying i can get it when i return and my student card, i dont graduate until sept...
    WOW thanks so great to know that! Im freakin out here! lol thanks for the answer

How did u find america? I was talking to some people and they said there more expected of u in a job there than here,, but i dont know im doing sociology so itll be maybe hard enough to get work but once i get there ill worry about that- it says I cant stay there after the year... any ways around that legally of course if i like it and want to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Caliden wrote: »
    Is it the 12 month J1 graduate visa you got?

That's the one I have at the moment and the 'interview' was literally:
    Q. When did you graduate?
    A. November 25th 2010.

This was also my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Adrianno28 wrote: »
    yeah thats the one, iv a letter from my job saying i can get it when i return and my student card, i dont graduate until sept...
    WOW thanks so great to know that! Im freakin out here! lol thanks for the answer

How did u find america? I was talking to some people and they said there more expected of u in a job there than here,, but i dont know im doing sociology so itll be maybe hard enough to get work but once i get there ill worry about that- it says I cant stay there after the year... any ways around that legally of course if i like it and want to stay?

If you have that letter then you shouldn't have a problem.
    I'm loving it. I came over at the start of December and I didn't find something until mid January, mainly due to it just being extremely quiet around here.

As far as legally staying the beyond the year, a company can apply for a H1 visa on your behalf. There's alot of research in that itself but I mentioned it if I was asked in an interview what happens beyond the 12 months.

Advertisement