Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Laser to Visa Debit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi G-Money,

Yes Bank of Ireland Laser cards are currently being replaced with Visa Debit cards. New cards will be rolled out based on current Laser card expiry date. So the nearer your cards are to their expiry the sooner you will receive your Visa Debit card. The roll-out should take the next 3 months to complete.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hi G-Money,

Yes Bank of Ireland Laser cards are currently being replaced with Visa Debit cards. New cards will be rolled out based on current Laser card expiry date. So the nearer your cards are to their expiry the sooner you will receive your Visa Debit card. The roll-out should take the next 5 months to complete.

Thanks
    Linda

Thanks Linda.

I just checked and the expiry date on my Lazer card is October 2014 so I guess I will be at the back of the queue for the new Visa Debit card!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Hi G-Money,

Yes Bank of Ireland Laser cards are currently being replaced with Visa Debit cards. New cards will be rolled out based on current Laser card expiry date. So the nearer your cards are to their expiry the sooner you will receive your Visa Debit card. The roll-out should take the next 5 months to complete.

Thanks
    Linda

I thought the roll out would be complete by the end of September not five months which would be November.

my expiry is march 2014 when will I expect to get my new card and please id like the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi sligono1.
    sligono1 wrote: »
    I thought the roll out would be complete by the end of September not five months which would be November.

Apologies for the confusion, the roll-out should be fully complete by the end of September 2012. You can expect to receive your card within the next 3 months. Our previous post has now been edited to reflect the September completion date.

Thank you.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

thank you its bad enough that i will be one of the very last to get the new but then to hear its going to take longer,got me worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

My laser card is getting very frayed and I'm worried it might stop working.
    If it did get damaged too much could I get a replacement Visa Debit?
    Would I have to pay for the replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paul_Mc_G

Hi G-Money,

Yes Bank of Ireland Laser cards are currently being replaced with Visa Debit cards. New cards will be rolled out based on current Laser card expiry date. So the nearer your cards are to their expiry the sooner you will receive your Visa Debit card. The roll-out should take the next 3 months to complete.

Thanks
    Linda

October 2010 Bank of Ireland makes an announcement that a Visa Debit Card is to be introduced in December 2010.

January 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

April 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

July 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

October 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

January 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

April 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

July 5 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

The thing is, they say it with a glib smile and without any shame. Whatever happened to honesty and respect for the customer in this country?

Linda my card will not expire until Dec 2014, but even so I have been lied to over and over again. For once can someone in bank of Ireland be honest and tell us what is the real situation?

Hi littlejp,

If your Laser card is damaged too much you can order a new Visa Debit card through your branch or if you have your account registered with Banking365, you can call them directly on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to help you.
    Your new Visa Debit card will take 6 - 8 working days to arrive. There will be a charge of €5.90 for a replacement card on your account.

If a card arrives during the automatic roll-out there will be no charge for it, and will be completed by the end of September.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Paul Mc G,
    Paul_Mc_G wrote: »
    can someone in bank of Ireland be honest and tell us what is the real situation?

We can confirm that we're on schedule to complete our Visa Debit card roll-out by the end of September 2012.

Thanks,
    Graham

Hi excercise,

There was an issue with customers using their Visa Debit card on the lotto website, however, this has been resolved. If you are still having issues please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 so the agent can forward the details on to our Visa Debit Programme Team to investigate it for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Will a "lost" laser card now get replaced with a Visa Debit? (+ €5.90 fee)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

October 2010 Bank of Ireland makes an announcement that a Visa Debit Card is to be introduced in December 2010.

January 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

April 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

July 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

October 2011 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

January 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

April 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

July 5 2012 Bank of Ireland says it will be rolled out over the country in the next 3 months

The thing is, they say it with a glib smile and without any shame. Whatever happened to honesty and respect for the customer in this country?

Linda my card will not expire until Dec 2014, but even so I have been lied to over and over again. For once can someone in bank of Ireland be honest and tell us what is the real situation?

Relax buddy, could be worse, could be Ulster Bank.

If I lost my Laser card, would it be replaced with a Visa Debit card?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Lost cards are replaced with Visa Debit for the charge mentioned. I got mine replaced last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Hi,

recently received a BOI visa debit card in the post, I will be travelling to Croatia and Montenegro soon and am curious as to the charges for using the visa debit card over there?

thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

[/B]

These never happened. It was announced in the last quarter (?) of 2010, and was supposed to happen in November 2011.

I get that things like this can be delayed, but what was annoying was how BoI made a big fuss when the announced it in 2010, then in 2011 just a month or two before it was supposed to be rolled out, they made another big fuss about it being contactless, without mentioning it was going to be delayed. I cannot accept that those in the know didn't yet realise it would be delayed.

Then the time came and nothing. No public explanation as to what happened, or what was going on. They can say that's an internal matter if they want, but it wasn't an internal matter when it was good publicity. :rolleyes:

Though I understand that none of these are the fault of the CS reps. Whenever I've had a problem or question CS has always been more than helpful and polite, which is more than can be said for some companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Piriz wrote: »
    Hi,

recently received a BOI visa debit card in the post, I will be travelling to Croatia and Montenegro soon and am curious as to the charges for using the visa debit card over there?

thanks..

See Fees and Charges section: http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/current-accounts/visa-debit-cards/

Hi all,
    J o e wrote: »
    Will a "lost" laser card now get replaced with a Visa Debit? (+ €5.90 fee)
    token101 wrote: »
    If I lost my Laser card, would it be replaced with a Visa Debit card?

KoolKid is correct; if you cancelled your cards as lost they will be replaced by a Visa Debit card for the replacement card fee of €5.90.
    Piriz wrote: »
    I will be travelling to Croatia and Montenegro soon and am curious as to the charges for using the visa debit card over there?

If you are in the Eurozone there will be no additional charges for using your card to make purchases. Outside the Eurozone, a cross boarder handling fee of 1.75% applies to all transactions, whether your account is in credit or not.

If you are withdrawing cash from an atm, a fee of €2.54 or 1.5%, whichever is greater will apply, unless your credit card is in credit.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VexhallVaulox

Just lost my Laser card, but I told my replacement card will have the same pin. Does that mean I'm getting a replacement Laser card? I'm not too worried, getting a visa debit card is just a bonus.

Hi VexhallVaulox,

We are no longer issuing Laser cards so they card you will receive will be a Visa Debit card. The pin remains the same on your new card, so once you receive your replacement, you can activate it at an atm.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Hi excercise,

There was an issue with customers using their Visa Debit card on the lotto website, however, this has been resolved. If you are still having issues please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 so the agent can forward the details on to our Visa Debit Programme Team to investigate it for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Hello again linda, I have talked with banking 365, this did not resolve my issue,

Has anyone else using visa debit card, have problems with the national lottery website?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Exercise,

Apologies if Banking365 weren't able to fix the issue over the phone. They'll pass on the details to our Visa Debit team and they will investigate with the national lottery to try and resolve the problem.

We appreciate your feedback. If you have any more problems using the card please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rolypoly

I am just wondering about payments that are coming off my Laser card details. Will i need to give the new Visa Debit details or will the payments automatically transfer over when the new cards are issued

Thanks

Hi rolypoly,

If it is the Laser card details that is registered with various companies you will need to notify them of the new Visa Debit card details once received.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Hi Linda,
    UB Refugee here, what's the current turnaround on new accounts & in particular the Visa Debit?

Also am I correct that the transaction limit is €2.5k?

Hi Savman,

Once you have applied for a current account in the branch, it will be open within 24 hours. The Visa Debit would then be ordered and can take 8 - 10 days for the pin and card to be received.
    There is a limit on purchases of €2500 per transaction with a limit of €2500 per day. For example, you can make one transaction for €2500 or five transactions for €500 each. You would also have a cash withdrawal limit on top of this of up to €700 per day.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

Just wondering i have a laser and when will it be replaced with visa will be leaving country soon so any help would be smashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shaboopy

Hi
    I got my visa card to replace my lazer card...

Will i still have my overdraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

yeah you keep overdraft as same as before

Hi Gasher,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, we have no way of confirming exactly when you will be receiving your Visa Debit card.

The rollout of Visa Debit cards is currently underway. We are expecting the full rollout to be complete by the end of September. The rollout is being completed on a phased basis. This means that the nearer you're Laser card expiry date, the sooner you'll get your new Visa Debit.

The only cards that are being replaced outside of the scheduled rollout are cards that have been reported lost stolen or damaged. Just be aware that if you need to have your card replaced for one of these reasons, a charge of €5.90 will be applied to your account.

I hope this helps clarify things for you.

Pat

• Advertisement

Hi shaboopy,

gasher is correct. If you have an overdraft on your account, it won't be affected by the replacement of your Laser card.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement