Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Laser to Visa Debit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I got a refund applied to my Visa Debit card today - return of car rental deposit, the card was swiped and pin entered. How long does it take a refund to appear in an account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ChickenZombie

Gave up waiting... as they say in cork... bye, bye boi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi J O E,

Once the merchant fully process the refund, it will show on your current account. It can take a minimum of 3 working days.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi ChickenZombie,

Is there anything we can help you with?

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cork044

Will everyone get a new debit card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi cork044.

Customers who currently have a Laser or an ATM only card will be issued with a new Visa Debit card.
    So just to clarify, we are currently in the process of replacing all Laser cards with the new Visa Debit card. The cards are being replaced on a phased basis and we aim to have this process completed by the end of September 2012. When this roll out is completed, we will then start replacing ATM only cards with Visa Debit cards and aim to have that roll out completed by the end of October 2012.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi cork044.

Customers who currently have a Laser or an ATM only card will be issued with a new Visa Debit card.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Hi Laura,

Cheers for that, saved me going to local branch to enquire

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cork044

thanks laura

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

my brother & friend are in same branch as me and both got upgraded ages ago - could i have been forgotton about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Are normal ATM cards still available, or has everyone got this new visa debit card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Thanks for posting.
    Dubhlinner wrote: »
    my brother & friend are in same branch as me and both got upgraded ages ago - could i have been forgotton about?

The replacement programme is based on the expiration date of your existing Laser card and not on your location or branch. We aim to have all Laser cards replaced with Visa Debit by the end of this month. If you call Banking 365, on 0818 365 365, a representative will be happy to check if a new card has been issued to you.
    exercise wrote: »
    Are normal ATM cards still available, or has everyone got this new visa debit card?
    While it is possible to have a standard ATM card, please be aware that this card cannot be used outside Ireland and does not have Point of Sale capabilities.

As my colleague in Banking 365 suggested, it is possible to use the Visa Debit Card for ATM withdrawals only and only be charged €2.50 Government Duty.

We have just been notified of an option to have an ATM Card only.
    If you would prefer to have the standard card, you will need to call Banking 365 again on 0818 365 355 and a representative will offer assistance.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Might as well post this here instead of making a new one. I got my Visa Debit a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to use it online for the 1st time. I'm ordering some pizzas from dominos, tried to pay with the Visa Debit but I keep getting this
    Payment declined

Sorry, we are unable to authorise the payment on your card.

Please try again.
    What's going on ? It asked me to sign up for that Verified by Visa thing so that's what I did, created my password and all that. I am 100% sure I'm entering the right password as I've tried it like 5 times now. I have a couple thousand euros on my account so it can't be that. I've also already activated my card, already used it on ATM's several times.

Hi jamescd,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As your card has been activated at an ATM, you should have no issues using it online. We have had previous queries about using the Visa Debit card on dominos' website which we escalated to our Visa Debit Team. They have confirmed that there are no issues using the card on that site.

If you contact Banking 365, on 0818 365 365, a representative will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hi guys, I used my Visa Debit card today for a small POS transaction. On my 365Online statement the transaction is listed simply as 'Debit Card', are there any plans to name the merchant as would happen on a CC statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dannyc1

Got my shiny new visa card today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi coylemj,

When you make the transaction it will appear on 365Online as 'Debit Card' until the retailer processes the transaction on their side. This can sometimes take a couple days. Once this has been done, you will be able to view the description online in much the same way as you can view the description for credit card transactions on your statements.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Hi,
    i have a standard atm card and just wanted to know will i get the visa debit card atomaticaly sent out to me or will have to apply for it.
    thanks.

Hi wendell borton.

Thanks for your query.

The majority of our ATM card holders will have their ATM cards replaced with Visa Debits as part of a scheduled roll-out. We hope to have this process complete by the end of October. These customers should have received notification of this recently. If you have not received correspondence from us in relation to this, you do have the option of applying for a Visa Debit card in your account holding branch.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi all,

In order to pay using contactless the card must be positioned very close to the reader to function, thus making it very difficult to conduct a transaction accidentally. In order to complete a transaction:
    i) the retailer must enter an amount
    ii) the cardholder holds the card against the reader to pay
    iii) a beep or green light will indicate the transaction is complete.

There is information on our website on how to pay with Contactless.

More information on contactless can be found here on Visa's own website.

We have however passed your concerns to our Visa Debit Team.

Thanks
    Linda

Sorry if this has been asked already but is it true that there is a fee every time you use this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi whatlliwear,

Thanks for your query. The standard charges for using your Visa Debit card are the same as they are for using your old Laser card. There are currently no additional charges applied for using the contactless functionality of your card in the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. If you use the contactless option outside of these areas there will be a flat fee of €0.10 per contactless transaction will applied to your account.

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I have my new visa debit card about a month now and in the past week or so it has been giving problems consistently, fault at atm, or not being accepted at various checkout machines. there is no damage to the card , how will i go about replacing the card and also will i have to pay for the new one?

Hi Old Perry,

Your branch or Banking 365 can order a replacement card to your home address for you. They will also be able to see what the issue with the card may be. There is a replacement card fee of €5.90 and you can request for your pin number to remain the same.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

has anyone still not got there card yet like me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hey guys. I have a Cirrus Bank Card which is not Lazer, do I have to apply in branch for a visa debit card or will my old card be replaced automatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi super furry,

Thanks for your query. ATM/Cirrus card holders who will have their cards replaced with Visa Debit should have received a letter advising them of this in the last few months. You can check the status of your card by contacting your branch or Banking365 on 0818 365 365. If you did not receive a letter about the change, you can apply for a Visa Debit card by completing a Card Application Form in-branch. Please note that all card applications are subject to approval and can take up to five working days to process.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    might be a silly question but can i use my new card in ATMs in America or are there only certain ones they will work on?Also will it work in restaurants over there?

Hi harr.

You may use your Visa Debit card anywhere in the world, at an ATM or in a shop, wherever you see the Visa logo displayed.

Please note if you decide to use your card while abroad, cross boarder handling fees will apply. Please see below:
    If you use the card to withdraw cash, there is a charge of 3.5% of the amount you withdraw with a minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum charge of €11.43.

If you use the card at a point of sale, the charge is 1.75% of the transaction. The minimum charge applied depends on whether the transaction is done contactlessly or not. The minimum charge for a contactless transaction is €0.10 and the minimum charge for a non-contactless transaction is €0.46. The maximum point of sale charge is €11.43.

Thanks for your query.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

Hey guys. I have a Cirrus Bank Card which is not Lazer, do I have to apply in branch for a visa debit card or will my old card be replaced automatically?

me too...i dont want a visa debit card though.
    can i NOT get a visa debit card? And will I be charged for requesting a card that does not have visa debit on it?

Hi daheff,

We've answered a similar question previously.
    While it is possible to have a standard ATM card, please be aware that this card cannot be used outside Ireland and does not have Point of Sale capabilities.

As my colleague in Banking 365 suggested, it is possible to use the Visa Debit Card for ATM withdrawals only and only be charged €2.50 Government Duty.

Cirrus cards are no longer available. If you contact your branch, a representative will be happy to order an ATM card for you. If you have received a Visa Debit card that you do not want, there will be no charge for replacing it with a standard ATM card.

Hope this helps,
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi harr.

You may use your Visa Debit card anywhere in the world, at an ATM or in a shop, wherever you see the Visa logo displayed.

Please note if you decide to use your card while abroad, cross boarder handling fees will apply. Please see below:

Thanks for your query.
    Laura
    Thanks Laura...:)

Advertisement