Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Laser to Visa Debit

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi whitefoot,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The replacement card charge is applied when a card is ordered to replace a lost, stolen or damaged card. Currently the charge is €5.90, from 19th November 2012 this charge will be €8. In your case you should not be charged to upgrade your ATM card to Visa Debit. If a charge is applied for this, please contact your branch who can arrange a refund for you.

The criteria of maintaining a credit balance of €3000, is to qualify for our No Transaction Fees offer. Customers who meet this qualifying criteria are not charged the quarterly account transaction fees on their Personal Current account.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

Hi whitefoot,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The replacement card charge is applied when a card is ordered to replace a lost, stolen or damaged card. Currently the charge is €5.90, from 19th November 2012 this charge will be €8. In your case you should not be charged to upgrade your ATM card to Visa Debit. If a charge is applied for this, please contact your branch who can arrange a refund for you.

The criteria of maintaining a credit balance of €3000, is to qualify for our No Transaction Fees offer. Customers who meet this qualifying criteria are not charged the quarterly account transaction fees on their Personal Current account.

Thanks
    Tara
    My ATM card is neither lost,damaged or stolen so can you explain why I would be charged for the Visa Debit card which is being used to replace an ATM card?
    Is it because I contacted Banking 365?
    Is it because I have been proactive in requesting the card?
    This thread says that all ATM card are being replaced by end October so I cannot understand why I am being charged?
    Is there someone who is more knowledgaable than BANKING 365 about the charging criteria who could explain it to me?
    As I have indicated the account has funds but I just never used the ATM card so it appears to me that the 5.90 charge is not being applied in a consistent manner and I cannot understand why I would fall into that category of being charged.

Hi whitefoot,

In your case you should not be charged to upgrade your ATM card to Visa Debit. If a charge is applied for this, please contact your branch who can arrange a refund for you./QUOTE]
    Pardon me Tara, you have already aswered my question.

Hi whitefoot,

Apologies that you received conflicting information when you called. You should not be charged for upgrading an ATM card to Visa Debit.

Banking 365 representatives do not have the authority to refund fees, this would normally be done by your branch.

If you would like us to look into this further for you, please PM us your name, account holding branch and a contact phone number.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi whitefoot,

Apologies that you received conflicting information when you called. You should not be charged for upgrading an ATM card to Visa Debit.

Banking 365 representatives do not have the authority to refund fees, this would normally be done by your branch.

If you would like us to look into this further for you, please PM us your name, account holding branch and a contact phone number.

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara, When trying to send you a PM I received the error below;

Bank of Ireland: Tara has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Tara from the recipient list and send the message again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I only heard about the change of cards by chance in Dunnes yesterday. My account is a deposit account with ATM card so my question is does the change apply to me or will I still have an ATM card? Also why can I only use my ATM card in BOI machines? If the machine at our local BOI is out of service I can't withdraw cash anywhere else. It's really frustrating.

Hi whitefoot,

I've just sent you a pm, you can reply to that with the details we requested. To send a pm you need to have more than 25 posts on Boards.
    tinyk68 wrote: »
    I only heard about the change of cards by chance in Dunnes yesterday. My account is a deposit account with ATM card so my question is does the change apply to me or will I still have an ATM card? Also why can I only use my ATM card in BOI machines? If the machine at our local BOI is out of service I can't withdraw cash anywhere else. It's really frustrating.

Hi tinyk68,

The change does not apply to customers who have an ATM card on a Demand Deposit Account. The Visa Debit card can only be held on a current account.

ATM cards on deposit accounts can only be used at Bank of Ireland ATMs, this is advised in the terms and conditions of this account. If you require a card that can be used at other bank's ATMs, you would need to open a current account.

Thanks,
    Tara

Hi whitefoot,

I've just sent you a pm, you can reply to that with the details we requested. To send a pm you need to have more than 25 posts on Boards.

Thanks,
    Tara

Thanks Tara, I have now replied to the PM with the requested details.

Hi whitefoot,

Thanks for the details. I have sent you a pm with an update, if you could have a look when you have a moment.

If you need help with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi whitefoot,

Thanks for the details. I have sent you a pm with an update, if you could have a look when you have a moment.

If you need help with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

Tara, Thank you for your comprehensive PM confirming there is no charge for a Visa Debit card being issued to me under the ATM swap out exercise and this was simply a confusion between myself and Banking 365 yesterday. I am very impressed with the way BOI answer queries on this forum, it is less time consuming and efficient for both the bank and customer. Good work and thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement