Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Laser to Visa Debit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Can I just confirm you mean that, even though the rollout hasnt officially started, lost etc. replacement cards (incurring a charge) are already being replaced by Visa Debit?

Yes who is this, you're right in what you've said.

If you have any other questions let me know.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Thanks for letting us know.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anyone seen my wallet?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

so if every one runs in ''ive lost my card'' ''its broke'' etc,that ill just slow the process down im sure and and it ill leave the BoI guys smiling with the increased revenue out of replacment cards.

Yes who is this, you're right in what you've said.

If you have any other questions let me know.
    Thanks,
    Graham

well that must only have started in the last two weeks as i got replacement 3 weeks ago or so and even do i asked about getting a Visa Debit was told we know nothing about this and here your gettting a laser we dont know when them Visa Debit are comming out.

so now im down and the bottom of the pile for the new card god knows when ill get it prob xmas week,but if the staff in the bank were intrested/informed i could have held out as my original card was due for renewal in july.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Hi sligono1,

We only started replacing lost/stolen/broken Lasers with Visa Debit cards this week. The date for the system changeover for replacement cards wouldn't have been confirmed when you were replacing your card last month so apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Graham

at least i know now Graham thanks for clearing things up, but to be honest your branch staff haven't seen to be to well briefed on the whole roll out.

anyway ill look forward to receiving my card but im at the back of the cue.so if your say 6 months it ill be November time i should except my card.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just curious, if everyone lost their cards tomorrow would some customers have to wait 6 months for a new card??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

KoolKid wrote: »
    Just curious, if everyone lost their cards tomorrow would some customers have to wait 6 months for a new card??:eek:

They prob would KoolKid, but that's never going to happen!
    Sure think about it, at the moment if its gonna take 6 months to issue cards to ~a million customers, with ~130 working days in 6 months that still over 7,500 cards a day.
    I'm sure the machines can only work to a certain capacity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I assume replacement of Lost/Stolen/Damaged cards takes priority over replacement of functioning laser cards.

• Advertisement

Hi mmcn90,

Functioning Laser cards will only be replaced as part of the scheduled roll-out.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hi Graham,

Yeah thats what I thought, I forgot to quote the two posts above mine, I was referring to those.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Just got a new laser card in the post. Old one expired June 2012, new one expires July 2014. Did the roll out not started last week? Guess Im bottom of the list now. Being putting off moving to Ulster bank ages. No reason not to move now.

That is a total waste of our money if you ask me. Still issuing Laser cards even though they will need to be replaced with Visa debit in a few months:confused:

Once again BoI have broken promises. I desperately need the Visa Debit card since Laser's functionality is so limited. When I heard lost/etc. cards were being replaced with Visa Debit, I had my old once cancelled.

Today the replacement arrived. :mad:

Paid €5.90 for another POS Laser.

Once again BoI have broken promises. I desperately need the Visa Debit card since Laser's functionality is so limited. When I heard lost/etc. cards were being replaced with Visa Debit, I had my old once cancelled.

Today the replacement arrived. :mad:

Paid €5.90 for another POS Laser.

And was that ordered after this announcement?
    Were you told on the phone you would get a Visa as a replacement?

And was that ordered after this announcement?
    Were you told on the phone you would get a Visa as a replacement?

After I confirmed it on boards, yes. I didn't ask the rep when I phoned. In fairness I shouldn't need to, it was already confirmed clearly here.

In any case, I just called. The girl I spoke to was very helpful, and said she would forward a request to the branch to reissue the card as a Visa Debit. She said she's put in a request that it be free of charge.

But still I would have preferred it just be as was previously stated.

Hi rotinaj,

It's our understanding that all Laser cards with a June 2012 expiry date were replaced with Visa Debit cards automatically. For individual circumstances you can contact your branch or Banking365 who will investigate this fully for you.

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask me.
    Thanks,
    Graham

Hi who is this,

Apologies that you didn't receive your new Visa Debit card. Starting last week, customers who have reported their Laser card lost/stolen/broken are being re-issued with Visa Debit cards and you should have been advised of it at the time. I'm sorry that this didn't happen in your instance and I'm glad to hear that it's being sorted out.

Please keep me posted on its progress if you wouldn't mind, or let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

I've lost my laser card.........how long does it take for the visa debit to be posted out?

• Advertisement

Nal wrote: »
    I've lost my laser card.........how long does it take for the visa debit to be posted out?

They'll tell you on the phone. Typically they say 5-7 (I think; it could be 5-8), but in my experience anyway, for Dublin addresses, 2 working days is more typical (i.e., the day after, the day after you call).

Usually.

It doesn't matter if you've really lost it though, you have to wait whatever it is; asking the amount of time is typical of a something you do by choice ;)

Hi who is this,

I just wanted to give you an update on my post from yesterday. It does seem as though it was human error on our part that a Laser card was issued to you. The information I gave you previously is accurate and you should've received a Visa Debit card.

I'd like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We're investigating this at the moment to try and prevent it from happening again.

Thanks
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Hi guys,

I lost my laser card on a night out last weekend and reported it missing on Monday. I received a new laser card in the post today, so it seems they're not issuing visa debits yet, despite what the post above says.

Just thought I'd let you all know, to save you €5.90 :)

I would be sending it back asking for it to be replaced with a Visa Debit card quoting here as your source. It appears BOI is suffering from a serious lack of internal communication.
    Surely if the roll out of visa cards has begun the supply of laser cards should be removed.

I would be sending it back asking for it to be replaced with a Visa Debit card quoting here as your source. It appears BOI is suffering from a serious lack of internal communication.
    Surely if the roll out of visa cards has begun the supply of laser cards should be removed.

Maybe after they were told (by someone higher up) to replace lost Lasers with Visa debit, someone thought "Oh but sure we may as well use up the existing Laser cards first, no point wasting money"?

When you don't think it through fully, it does seem logical.

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

I doubt that an individual or manager down the line would be authorised to make such a decision. It is baffling to be honest. I would imagine the information published here would be completely cleared before posting.
    I would also imagine that once the decision to roll out Visa has been made that everything would be replaced with Visa. One dept. issuing visa & another still issuing laser makes no sense to me.
    Perhaps we could have clarification (once again) that BOI are replacing all lost cards with Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coolhandpuke

I was holding off ordering a new card After having a dodgy laser for the past 2 months i gave in on Monday and ordered a new one hoping that a visa debit would be issued, alas no just a laser again, 5:90e for the pleasure . My branch is in NUIG btw

Hi all,

Just to confirm that all replacement debit cards are now Visa Debit and not Laser cards.

There was a short period of time during the changeover where both card types could be ordered and we suspect this is where the error occurred and the wrong card type was issued. We would like to apologise to any customers who received a Laser card within the last week.

We would also like to assure you that if you were sent out a Laser card as a replacement for a lost, stolen, or damaged Laser card since the 14th of May you will be given a Visa Debit free of charge by contacting Banking365 on 0818 365 365.

Thanks
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I had a slightly cracked Laser card for a few weeks that I could only use the chip & pin function as I didn't want it to get stuck in an ATM.

I heard about the Visa roll out so went down to my local brand on Tuesday and asked could they replace my card. The woman said that it wouldn't be a problem and said a replacement card would be sent out by the end of the week.

This morning I received my new LASER CARD in the post dated April 2014 :mad:

• Advertisement

Raekwon wrote: »
    I had a slightly cracked Laser card for a few weeks that I could only use the chip & pin function as I didn't want it to get stuck in an ATM.

I heard about the Visa roll out so went down to my local brand on Tuesday and asked could they replace my card. The woman said that it wouldn't be a problem and said a replacement card would be sent out by the end of the week.

This morning I received my new LASER CARD in the post dated April 2014

Well thanks to Graham you can call them up & get it replaced with Visa.

Advertisement