Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Laser to Visa Debit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi diceyreilly,

Thanks for your query. It isn't possible to get a second card on a sole current account. If you're moving to Australia, once you have your new address you can send your branch a Notification of Change of Details form to update your contact information. So while you're there we can send you your statements or a replacement card, which hopefully you won't need.

Best of luck Down Under.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"Standard personal current account holders with ATM-only cards will automatically have them replaced with Visa Debit cards at no charge."

Anyway this can be stopped? I dont have a Laser card and I dont want a Visa Debit card - can i just keep my ATM-only card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

off on holidays in 3 weeks and i also have some stuff to buy online but cant with my damn laser...when can i expect a visa debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

so am i now hearing things right here so now if ''misplace'' your laser card can get a new one for no charge??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

sligono1 wrote: »
    so am i now hearing things right here so now if ''misplace'' your laser card can get a new one for no charge??
    No im pretty sure the charge of €5.90 still applies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

The name on my Laser card has been incorrect for quite some time now and have been waiting for BOI to issue Visa Debit cards before getting it changed. Rang up today got it changed and girl on the phone said I will be getting a Visa Debit but knowing BOI I wont be getting my hopes up.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    "Standard personal current account holders with ATM-only cards will automatically have them replaced with Visa Debit cards at no charge."

Anyway this can be stopped? I dont have a Laser card and I dont want a Visa Debit card - can i just keep my ATM-only card?

Hi Delta2113,

I'm looking into this for you at the moment. However, our Visa Debit cards offer greater functionality than your current ATM card. You can use the ATM function on this new card without having to use the Debit function. This means you can continue to use the Visa Debit card in the same way as your ATM card.

If you have any other queries please feel free to ask.
    shakin wrote: »
    off on holidays in 3 weeks and i also have some stuff to buy online but cant with my damn laser...when can i expect a visa debit?

Hi shakin,

All Laser cards will be replaced with Visa Debit cards by the end of September. The roll-out is on a phased schedule based on current Laser card expiry date.

I hope that helps to clear it up for you.
    sligono1 wrote: »

Hi sligono1,

If you misplace your Laser card you'll be issued a Visa Debit card and a charge of €5.90 will apply.
    pakb1ue wrote: »
    The name on my Laser card has been incorrect for quite some time now and have been waiting for BOI to issue Visa Debit cards before getting it changed. Rang up today got it changed and girl on the phone said I will be getting a Visa Debit but knowing BOI I wont be getting my hopes up.

Hi pakb1ue,

Glad to hear that you've got the misspelling of your name on your card sorted. And just to confirm that all replacement cards are now Visa Debits.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I got my visa debit last week.
    I bank a lot online now, i have a regular savings account and i would like access to from 365, I have my current acc set up for 365, how do i set up the savings acc?

Thanks

Hi Fighting Irish,

Depending on the type of account, it may need to be added by you online or by a Banking365 representative over the phone. If you would like to contact Banking365 on 0818 365 365 someone can advise you or help add the account for you if possible. If they can't add the account for you, you can do it online by logging into Banking365 then select Manage Accounts and Add an Account. It may take up to 5 working days for it to be updated on the system.

If you have any other questions then it might be worth starting another thread.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Thanks graham clears it up but doesnt solve it...very slow roll out when other banks have it in place a long time. If i dont get it this week and can get it off another bank ill have to switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

yes agree the rest of family are with the permanent TSB and back a few years ago when they rolled out this card four of them had there new cards within a week,and all of them had varying card expiry dates.

Perhaps i keep banging on in this thread its not like me but i feel like BoI dont really want these cards,and are dragging their heels with this roll out.

they are really letting their customers down in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Hi Graham - I recently received a new Laser card from BOI - old one expired end of May - and I was so disappointed that it wasn't a Visa Debit. Banking 365 told me that the replacement program was being run branch by branch but they couldn't tell me anymore. But that isn't the sense I get from reading your posts. Will I have to wait until my Laser card expires in 2014 before I get my Visa debit? Hopefully not.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Can anyone confirm that using a visa debit card to withdraw money from a boi ATM in northern Ireland will now incur a charge where previously it didn't?

sidekick wrote: »
    Hi Graham - I recently received a new Laser card from BOI - old one expired end of May - and I was so disappointed that it wasn't a Visa Debit. Banking 365 told me that the replacement program was being run branch by branch but they couldn't tell me anymore. But that isn't the sense I get from reading your posts. Will I have to wait until my Laser card expires in 2014 before I get my Visa debit? Hopefully not.
    Thanks!

Hi sidekick,

Sorry about the misinformation you received, the replacement programme is based on card expiry date. I'll forward your feedback onto Banking365 to make them aware of it.

The good news is that you won't have to wait until 2014 to get a Visa Debit card because all Laser cards will be replaced by the end of September this year.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that using a visa debit card to withdraw money from a boi ATM in northern Ireland will now incur a charge where previously it didn't?

Hi ANXIOUS,

Visa Debit card transaction fees are the same as current Laser card transaction fees. So there's no charge for using your Visa Debit card to withdraw money from a BOI ATM in Northern Ireland. However, cross-border charges will apply to withdrawals made from non-BOI ATMs.

If you have any other questions please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    I ordered my new visa card in branch last Friday and was told it would be sent out in 3 days are they posted out or do i collect in branch,the chip fell out of my laser card and i could do with a card for this weekend.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Hi

I ordered my card last thursday received a pin number yesterday but no card......I'm quiet worried now as im going to poland on tuesday and need to get my card can you check the status of my request?

Regards
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Thank you Graham! Good news.

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    I ordered my new visa card in branch last Friday and was told it would be sent out in 3 days are they posted out or do i collect in branch,the chip fell out of my laser card and i could do with a card for this weekend.
    Thanks

Hi harr,

The cards are posted out to the address on your account, but it can take 5-7 working days to receive. If you don't have it in the morning then you should try to get to a branch to take out some money for the weekend. You'll need to have your account number and photo ID.

Thanks for your query,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Hi

I ordered my card last thursday received a pin number yesterday but no card......I'm quiet worried now as im going to poland on tuesday and need to get my card can you check the status of my request?

Regards
    Michael

I ordered mine on monday of last week and have yet to see it arrive, going away on saturday aswell so I hope it's there when i get home today or even tomorrow at the lastest :o
    I think you'll be doing well to get it by tuesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

stevenf17 wrote: »
    I ordered mine on monday of last week and have yet to see it arrive, going away on saturday aswell so I hope it's there when i get home today or even tomorrow at the lastest :o
    I think you'll be doing well to get it by tuesday!

ha il be in bother if i don't get it !!no money for the football dont want to be carrying cash around all the time !!:mad:

sure just pop into a branch to take some money out ;)

Hi

Regards
    Michael

Hi Michael,

I can't check the status of something account specific. If you want to double-check it you can contact your branch or Banking365. Generally speaking, when you order a new/replacement PIN and card, your card follows the PIN a few days later as a security measure. As I mentioned in a previous post, it can take 5-7 working days to receive your Visa Debit card.

Enjoy yourself in Poland and I hope you get your card before you go.
    Thanks,
    Graham

Hi shakin and sligono1,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you both. We can't comment on other banks' card replacement programmes. With around 1 million cards to replace for our customers we've put a roll-out schedule in place. The first Visa Debit cards are being issued to customers whose Lasers are expiring over the coming months. Our roll-out is continuing at pace and we expect to have all our Laser cards replaced by the end of September 2012.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I'll keep you up-to-date here.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Hi Graham, I ordered a new card last week to replace a faulty one, my original was an ordinary card not a laser, today I received an old style debit card again not a visa debit card,
    Is this right or should I have gotten the new type card,
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your query. ATM-only cards are not yet being replaced by Visa Debit. You can apply to upgrade your card to Visa Debit by completing a Card Application Form in a branch. All card upgrades are subject to approval and take about 5 working days to process.

Thanks,
    Graham

fitzdragon wrote: »
    Hi Graham, I ordered a new card last week to replace a faulty one, my original was an ordinary card not a laser, today I received an old style debit card again not a visa debit card,
    Is this right or should I have gotten the new type card,
    Tony
    Surely this shouldnt be still happening. Graham has said a number of times that all replacements are now visa debit. :/

Hi dmn,

All Laser card replacements are now Visa Debits. ATM-only cards are not debit cards so they're not part of this phase of the roll-out. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Thanks Graham, I went into the local branch and got it sorted.

Tony

• Advertisement

Good to hear Tony, thanks for letting us know.

Have a good weekend,
    Graham

Advertisement