Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 3 case

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Dades wrote: »
    Looks okay - nearly identical to this one.
    The Amazon reviews for which are pretty good.

I've never liked the faux leather look, myself.

Hmm I don't like the deals when something has to be delivered - makes me a bit suspicious. Also I googled the company and they have the same groupon deal going in the uk today. Makes me wonder will they be oversold and be waiting months

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

adox wrote: »
    I couldn't be happier with mine. Loved it on my iPad 1. Only issue was the iPad did slide down a bit when you had it standing on end, an issue that's been addressed with the Velcro inside the case. It really fits the iPad well too.

The sleep/wake function works perfect too. To be honest I would have happily paid 40-50 quid for the case so delighted with the cheap price too. :)

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be working on mine now...it was with the smart cover. Will play around with it and see if anything's off, but I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lovelygirl123

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Bought the new iPad yesterday in Harvey Normans. I didn't see any cases I liked. I looked on amazon but didn't see anything amazing either. I will be using the tablet a lot and think the idea of a stand built into the case could be good. Can anyone recommend where to get a nice case. I'm not too sure if I want plain and simple or something with a bit of design on it. I'll know it when I see it.
    As far as i know, there are many cases on some indepedent wholesale online shops besides amazon, may be you can have a try, but i don't know what kind of cases do you like? i think leather keyboard case is a good choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Black Oil wrote: »
    Hmm, that doesn't seem to be working on mine now...it was with the smart cover. Will play around with it and see if anything's off, but I don't think so.

Thats disappointing. Mine works without issue. Maybe they sent you a iPad 2 case? The magnets polarities are different in the iPad 2 and new iPad.

I`d certainly contact them and try and return it. They have a live chat option on their website which I used a couple of times and there was always someone there to talk to within a couple of minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ah, apologies I should have mentioned it's iPad 2 case because I've a second gen refurb. :) Hitting the power button seems to turn the screen off, but it doesn't auto-wake when I open the cover as was the case with the smart one.

• Advertisement

Ah, apologies I should have mentioned it's iPad 2 case because I've a second gen refurb. :) Hitting the power button seems to turn the screen off, but it doesn't auto-wake when I open the cover as was the case with the smart one.

As well then it sounds like you have the new iPad case, which wont activate the sleep/wake function on the iPad 2.

They also do a case for the iPad 2 which will activate the sleep/wake function. Might be worth asking them can they replace the case?

This is the one I went with.

Which one are you referring to?

This is the one I went with.

Which one are you referring to?

Ah ok. They have a full range of them on Amazon too. I`d definitely contact them and arrange to send it back. I wouldnt be surprised if theyve sent you the case for the new iPad. The only difference i think is the polarity of the magnets.

My sister has a Snugg case for her iPad 2 and the sleep/wake function works perfectly.

Hmm, well the email order says:

Your Ordered:
    1 x Snugg iPad 2 Case Cover and Flip Stand in Black Leather

The printed invoice that came with it that says the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Ordered this - a bit more expensive but looks the business.

http://www.ion-factory.com/CarbonadoCover_newipad.php

• Advertisement

Snugg have dispatched another, pretty much no questions asked. I offered to return the current one, but they said to keep it. Wow, wasn't expecting that sort of customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cheweybacca

I want to order a snugg ipad3 case, pay in euro and deliver to Ireland.

thesnugg online chat help says use the uk site. The uk site charges in GBP (thus an FX charge) and also a £8 GBP delivery charge for outside UK deliveries.
    Its free delivery inside UK.

Did anybody here get around this ?
    What is the best method to buy a snugg ipad case ?

Cheers

Follow this advice.
    adox wrote: »
    I bought a Snugg case and it's fantastic. It's a book cover style one with two position stand and the sleep/wake function works perfect on it. 23 euro from their site delivered. Choose dollars as currency and google a discount code for their site. www.thesnugg.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 quitecontrary

I bought the Groupon deal for the ipad case from Born on the Streets, and when I went to use the voucher, there's no sign of any ipad accessories on the Born on the Streets website - does anyone have any info on what to do in this situation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I bought the Groupon deal for the ipad case from Born on the Streets, and when I went to use the voucher, there's no sign of any ipad accessories on the Born on the Streets website - does anyone have any info on what to do in this situation?
    Scroll (horizontally) to the right on this page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 quitecontrary

Thanks very much for that - it wasn't there earlier! Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I already had a black leather Smart Cover from my iPad 2. And with my iPad 2 I had the same rear case and loved it.
    So ordered the iPad 3 model. Only add's 1mm in thickness to the iPad and can be used with the Smart Cover I have so worked perfect for me. Also came with screen protector and anti-static cleaning cloth. Happy with it :D

The new iPad Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case

*Note: this is just a rear cover and the Smart Cover on the front is an Official Apple one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 garyingalway

Got the "Belkin Snap Shield" (€25) for the back and the Apple SmartCover (€39) for the front.. Looks great and gives good protection without the bulk. A little bit pricey but wanted to do it right. Pc World sells both.

New case works with sleep/wake mode. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aebrown

I use the snugg case. They have a skinny one which is pretty basic but it feels really nice, or theres a chunkier leather one for the clumsier people like myself out there :) Has a little extra bit at the back so it'll stand up. Its not bad, and I thought it was reasonable. Its on thesnugg website, jus255_129757567928907500ipad-3_Lead.jpgt google it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Your very first post on boards and you didn't even read the posts above yours?

I've already got the pictured case on the way for 23 euro thanks to the posts above yours thank you very much.

Came back to this thread to post pictures of my Snugg case and re-read my previous post. Appologies to aebrown for being a bit short with him/her. Must have got out of bed on the wrong side that day.

Anyway, heres some pics for anyone that is interested in the Snugg case. I really like it and IMHO its a steal at the 23 euro deal price.

7104017235_716fae8895_n.jpg7104015519_ac329392c8_n.jpg
    6957945158_827fd445ed_n.jpg7104012279_64ef100784_n.jpg
    6957950790_29e1f066d2.jpg7104018777_fc2ed249cd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

My favorite is the STM Skinny.

Heres a picture of a Snugg iPad 2 case still in its plastic wrap.

Why didn't I post this picture first or indeed why am I posting it at all??

6959704928_0ea0c564de.jpg

..........because this is not the same Snugg case as in the other photo's. This is a second one that just arrived this morning in the post??!! :D

My card hasn't been charged for it (yet?)

Hey, no one told me it was a 'Buy One, Get One Free' deal! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Calibos wrote: »
    Heres a picture of a Snugg iPad 2 case still in its plastic wrap.

Why didn't I post this picture first or indeed why am I posting it at all??

..........because this is not the same Snugg case as in the other photo's. This is a second one that just arrived this morning in the post??!! :D

My card hasn't been charged for it (yet?)

Hey, no one told me it was a 'Buy One, Get One Free' deal! :D

My second one arrived today as well and I only ordered the one, so hopefully we won't be charged twice, mine was a case for the new Ipad.

Both shipped from the UK store. I guess there must be a bug in the system somewhere triggered when someone orders in dollars from the US site but inputs an Irish(European) address?? I ordered mine last weekend, my card was charged for one case on the 16th and my first arrived in the post Friday just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Has anybody used the www.apple4less.com, they have an eBay store based in Cork. Genuine apple products, just ordered a smart cover used for €20.

May be worth taking a look at for future purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

What a joke of a website http://www.bornonthestreets.com/

Cant search for the ipad case.

Found it located under kids

And its only in pink or white.

The groupon deal said it was black.

Guess ill be asking for money back.

Two experiences with Groupon...both bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I ordered the griffen survivor case as I'm planning on using mine daily in the classroom with apple tv. I'll post pics when I get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Has anybody used the www.apple4less.com, they have an eBay store based in Cork. Genuine apple products, just ordered a smart cover used for €20.

May be worth taking a look at for future purchases.

Update; just received smart cover & very impressed. Described as used but like new & working perfectly. I would defo recommend this company.

Advertisement