Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to lodge money with Bank of Ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's not chalk and cheese, it's just making a valid comparison.

I think the people who bitch so much about banks should stop using banks... except they'd wet themselves with panic if banks were gone in the morning. Banks serve a useful function whether there has been fuk-ups/corruption or not.

Anger towards some senior bankers, totally reasonable - but towards their minions? Lazy, unfair and... pretty stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Dudess wrote: »

I think the people who bitch so much about banks should stop using banks... except they'd wet themselves with panic if banks were gone in the morning.

So putting money into your bank acc is the same as littering the streets?
    So its an offence for both, my apologies, i never realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

booboo88 wrote: »

I think the people who bitch so much about banks should stop using banks... except they'd wet themselves with panic if banks were gone in the morning.

So putting money into your bank acc is the same as littering the streets?
    So its an offence for both, my apologies, i never realised.
    Surely you know an analogy when you see one? :confused:
    The nature of comparative analogies is that the two things being compared aren't the same as each other, but comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

The nature of comparative analogies is that the two things being compared aren't the same as each other, but comparable.

Dudess, I'm so glad there are people like you on boards; an essential counter-balance to the inanity :)

Right kids, I'm off to bed. Have a think about what happened here tonight, booboo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

This what theyre PAID to do, and quite well at that:rolleyes:

Every bank clearly states money must be bagged and counted with the correct amount in each bag.
    Imagine if everyone went into the bank with bags of coins and asked them to count them, it would take all day.
    I cannot understand how the OP had not bagged it correctly, he only had €19.80, what combination of coins had he?
    I have no idea how well they are paid but it really does not matter because it's not their job to count bags of coins for customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I was withdrawing €3000, I had phoned the day before to advise them. They tried giving me it in €20 notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I wonder if you owed them enough money and came in with it in change, would they take it.

2 stroke wrote: »
    I wonder if you owed them enough money and came in with it in change, would they take it.

If it was counted and bagged properly yes they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

AIBs charges for business users is

Cash Handling* per €100
    Notes Lodged Standard €0.45
    Notes Paid Out €0.45
    Notes Exchanged for Notes €0.90
    Notes Exchanged for Coin €2.45
    Coin Lodged €2.00
    Coin Paid Out €2.00
    Coin Exchanged for Coin €2.00
    Coin Exchanged for Notes €2.45

So next time just ask me I'll give yer 3 x €5 and €2.50 in coin in exchange for your €19.80

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

tell them as a shareholder of BOI (yes we tax payers are the shareholders) they need to accept your coins :P

tell them as a shareholder of BOI (yes we tax payers are the shareholders) they need to accept your coins :P

And afterwards start another thread about how BOI are squandering the exchequer's money by employing lackeys to perform unnecessary tasks that contribute to inefficiency and are a reminder of the profligacy associated with the Celtic Tiger days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    And afterwards start another thread about how BOI are squandering the exchequer's money by employing lackeys to perform unnecessary tasks that contribute to inefficiency and are a reminder of the profligacy associated with the Celtic Tiger days?

they guy is trying to put money into the bank & the more money the bank take in the less bailout money they need :rolleyes:

they guy is trying to put money into the bank & the more money the bank take in the less bailout money they need :rolleyes:

19.80 in coppers is gonna make a huge difference alright...

EDIT: Anyway, the issue is not that the bank refuses to take money off someone because the teller doesn't like the look of him; it's because it takes more time (and possibly money) to sort through the odd change than it's worth. The systems are in place for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So you cant lodge money in your OWN account, because they dont want to take it off you? Thats stupidity if I've ever heard it.

They dont have to do business with you if they dont want to. Just like you dont have to with them.

It was more the "but it's legal tender" side of it that I was replyign to, like everyone is somehow obliged to take it off you because it's "legal tender".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Went in today and another teller took it no problem.

She just weighed it which took about 45 seconds.

Seems as if the other woman was just lazy and couldn't be bothered.

• Advertisement

Went in today and another teller took it no problem.

She just weighed it which took about 45 seconds.

Seems as if the other woman was just lazy and couldn't be bothered.

That's not true is it? how many bags had you and how much was in each bag?

hondasam wrote: »
    That's not true is it? how many bags had you and how much was in each bag?

Had about 5 or 6 bags, the amounts varied.

Had about 5 or 6 bags, the amounts varied.

You had €19.80, was it all 1cent, 2cent or what, you had to have the correct amount in some bags.
    Bags are 1c/ €1. 2c/ €2. 5c/ €5. 10/20c is €10. 50c/euro is €25.

You had €19.80, was it all 1cent, 2cent or what, you had to have the correct amount in some bags.
    Bags are 1c/ €1. 2c/ €2. 5c/ €5. 10/20c is €10. 50c/euro is €25.

I had all the 1c in one bag, 2c in another bag, 5c in one bag, etc.

None of the bags were full though.

I had all the 1c in one bag, 2c in another bag, 5c in one bag, etc.

None of the bags were full though.

This is a bit different, all she had to do was add a few cent to make up the correct amount, where did you get the money to make up the extra for all the bags?

• Advertisement

This is a bit different, all she had to do was add a few cent to make up the correct amount, where did you get the money to make up the extra for all the bags?

I didn't. She accepted them even though they weren't full.

She must be the only worker in any bank that will do this, she needs to put money in to have the correct amount in each bag,how will she do this if you don't give her the money?
    She gave you back 80c I take it, to make your 19.80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭very

She must be the only worker in any bank that will do this, she needs to put money in to have the correct amount in each bag,how will she do this if you don't give her the money?
    She gave you back 80c I take it, to make your 19.80.

No, she took all of the money.

very wrote: »
    No, she took all of the money.

Forgot he was lodging it not changing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

I once went in with about €140 in coins (all in full bags) and they made me go to a special room for it to be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Predalien wrote: »
    I once went in with about €140 in coins (all in full bags) and they made me go to a special room for it to be counted.

Did they try to sell you loans, credit cards and mortgages in this special room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    These people are already being paid to do so.

I know an idiotic one when I see one.

Advertisement