Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Kinect

Options
  • 02-04-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Is there an online list anywhere of when review embargos pass? I always find it worrying when a game release is imminent and there are no reviews of it online. Star Wars Kinect is due to be released tomorrow and my kids are mental for it (I must admit I'll be curious about it myself) but I find the lack of reviews disturbing.

I never for one second thought this would be game of the year material but I was hoping that it would get a 5 or 6 review score. I would doubt that now, with no reviews available. Shame.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Is there an online list anywhere of when review embargos pass? I always find it worrying when a game release is imminent and there are no reviews of it online. Star Wars Kinect is due to be released tomorrow and my kids are mental for it (I must admit I'll be curious about it myself) but I find the lack of reviews disturbing.

I never for one second thought this would be game of the year material but I was hoping that it would get a 5 or 6 review score. I would doubt that now, with no reviews available. Shame.

Its usually midnight us east coast time on the day its released in the us (for star wars tonight). but im not sure how it works for global releases.

The game looks horrendous BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

I find the lack of reviews disturbing.

darth-vader-i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have it here

havent had a chance to play it though, up to my eyeballs getting the next issue of our canadian magazine done

will report back later if i get time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

darth-vader-i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing.jpg

Glad you spotted that one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Apparently the embargo breaks at midnight US time.

• Advertisement

Oh God, I can't believe I told my kids we would buy this atrocity tomorrow. I even pre-ordered it and paid a deposit...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SimpeSam

Oh God, I can't believe I told my kids we would buy this atrocity tomorrow. I even pre-ordered it and paid a deposit...

I don't know what yo're talking about, that looks amazing! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Whoever is responsible for that can never be punished enough. Dear gods what is this sh1t? You have the license to make a motion control Star Wars game and you make Dance Central Star Wars Edition? I hope the people responsible (and their families) get swallowed by a saarlac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I've just seen that, Princess In A Battle (Christina Aguilera) and Hologram Girl (Gwen Stefani). So,that's me now done with Mass Effect and Star Wars. Back to Halo..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Omfg dance game? Starwars? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ah motion control, the future of gaming so they say. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You all do realise this is just a mini game, and not the whole game, right?

Hell dance games work really well on Kinect, why not throw a dancing mini game into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Omfg dance game? Starwars? :(

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible has happened."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That looks so horribly awesome, like something they came up with during the Molydeux gamejam.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gotta love this interview with the Microsoft bod, first line out: "We just want to bring the most authentic Star Wars experience to the people who love Star Wars."

Because who doesn't remember the Lando dance-off scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The reviews are coming in, as predicted it's not doing very well:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/kinect-star-wars

Some of the reviews read worse than the score they gave so the current metacritic score of 57 should read as 30-40, imo. Ah well, hopefully my purchasing of the collectors edition of Diablo 3 will redeem me in the eyes of the gods of gaming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The ONLY way this game would have been destined to not blow chunks is if kinect had no lag, the game design was NOT aimed at pre teens, ONLY focused on light saber duals and copied your movements one for one (not like the current - swipe vertical for a canned animation BS).

Anything short of that meant certain failure and looks like thats the case.
    Star wars dance mini game.... many nerds are rolling in many graves right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was so looking forward to a Jedi Outcast type game..but my god...this sucks...this sucks...even for George fúckin Lucas this sucks..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is there anywhere reviewers privately leak per-embargo reviews? Like WikiLeaks for gamers?
    Jesus I hate embargoes.

• Advertisement

Well lads, honestly, who expected this to be good? We all knew deep inside - it wil suck balls and take your money away.

It might be something fun for kids, but do kids of this generations even interested in Starwars or even know wtf it is?
    In my opinion Starwars as franchise is only viable for older generation who love SW as nostalgia trip or just generally SW nerds. This game shoots in to some non existent space.

* I know there are kids who know what Starwars are, but let's be honest, not many of them out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It is a Kinect game, how could anyone have high hopes for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well lads, honestly, who expected this to be good? We all knew deep inside - it wil suck balls and take your money away.

It might be something fun for kids, but do kids of this generations even interested in Starwars or even know wtf it is?
    In my opinion Starwars as franchise is only viable for older generation who love SW as nostalgia trip or just generally SW nerds. This game shoots in to some non existent space.

* I know there are kids who know what Starwars are, but let's be honest, not many of them out there.
    Won't stop LucasArts from pushing in that direction though. Did you see this monstrosity? :(

gizmo wrote: »
    Won't stop LucasArts from pushing in that direction though. Did you see this monstrosity? :(

is that official trailer? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

is that official trailer? :eek:
    Yep, one of them anyway. :(

gizmo wrote: »
    Yep, one of them anyway. :(

star wars were killed that day, lets us have a minute of silence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evanbrau

We only got our review copy yesterday. Thankfull, I don't have a Kinect so it has fallen to another to take on that burden. I also hate that some writers are cutting it slack because "it's a kids game". Kids like quality too so we shouldn't accept slop like this being doled out to them to make some quick money. Kids are capable of doing far, far more complex things than most developers seem to give them credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Renaming thread, since we've moved away from embargo chat....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

For all the people complain about Star Wars Kinect and have not played it http://kotaku.com/5898749/hey-star-wars-grumps-youre-making-it-even-worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What in the name of fcuk?

Advertisement