Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you buy your heels?

• 02-04-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I'm the devil for buying cheap too small of a size heels for myself! As a result of this, I'm dying within 2 hours of wearing them! I find shoes naturally very uncomfortable unless I'm wearing thick insoles. Doc Martens and Converse are the only shoes I can wear comfortably :(

I don't mind spending a good bit of money if they're investments and have really good soles!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I have a pair of office heals that I do my dance class in, v comfy. The secret is having a pair that keep your feet in, means that your feet are not concentrating on keeping them on.

Also look for a pair that is high, but with a platform. You get the height but they don't feel as high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Heels with a platform are defo the way to go if you want comfort. But you'll never find heels comfy if you wear flats all the time. The trick is to train your feet to get used to being in heels. So when you get a pair, wear them around the house for a few mins and slowly build up the time over a few days. You should then find your feet don't get as tired or sore when you want to wear them for hours on a night out.

I think Aldo do good quality, affordable, comfy heels. I have a pair I bought 6 years ago and they are still going strong, very comfortable and still look like new. Whatever brand you go for, try get something that has a leather upper and inner as this allows your foot to breathe and I believe it is more comfortable in the long run than man made materials.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I was in Dune and Bertie today and they had lovely mid-sized heels in around the €100 mark. The pair I wanted were sold out in Bertie, but they would be lovely with jeans or a dress, so worth the money, €50 for each outfit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I love ALDO shoes, the flatform high heels are the most comfy ones I own !!! Def the more you pay the more comfy there are (obviously within reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I'd recommend Buffalo, Office and Vagabond shoes as some good options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

solerina wrote: »
    I love ALDO shoes, the flatform high heels are the most comfy ones I own !!! Def the more you pay the more comfy there are (obviously within reason)

Have to disagree with you a little here, I bought small kitten heels in Brown Tomas about 2 years ago, cost me over €100 and were they most uncomfy things I've ever worn, I love my pennys and dunnes heels. New look tend to have nice ones aswell. Cheap and Cheerful!

I tend to find lots of shoes uncomfortable so I buy a few packs of those memory foam insoles that are available in the pound shops and the likes for about a euro each. Cut them to the size of my heels and its like walking on air!! If Im wearing open toe shoes I go with just the heel cushion version of basically the same thing. Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

Actually another thing to keep in mind is the thickness of the heel, High heels that are really narrow are always going to be harder to walk in. If you don't wear heels that often I'd say wedges would be a good bet for a good few nights out to begin with. They're an awful lot easier to walk in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 something fishy going on

Actually another thing to keep in mind is the thickness of the heel, High heels that are really narrow are always going to be harder to walk in. If you don't wear heels that often I'd say wedges would be a good bet for a good few nights out to begin with. They're an awful lot easier to walk in! :)

I think Bronx shoes are the most comfortable you can get various heel sizes they are expensive but they would nearly last forever.

Advertisement