Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring Well Known Bands

Options
  • 02-04-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey all,

Where would a person start in looking for a good,famous band to play a private gig. Now I am not looking for u2 or the Strokes, just a good famous band that would entice a crowd and not (completely) break the bank...any ideas, thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

You'll need to get in touch with their booker, most smaller acts have the information on their website, bigger bands you'll find via Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would imagine its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to organise a single musician doing an acoustic set, either solo artist or person from a band. They can just turn up with an amp etc so it is not taking all day for them to setup, and pay roadies & other band members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Depends on how well known the band is whether you're going to break the bank or not.

Are you planning on charging in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

A friend of mine books bands and could point you in the right direction. Look him up on twitter under the name 'PlasticWilko'

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Have you anyone in mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

Thanks Lads, this is great. I would say the individual acoustic set would be a lot cheaper and a lot better , but its hard to get individual information instead of an agents number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cathal O wrote: »
    Thanks Lads, this is great. I would say the individual acoustic set would be a lot cheaper and a lot better , but its hard to get individual information instead of an agents number

Most well known bands will only confirm gigs through their agent, even solo ones I'd imagine.

Advertisement