Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with this nightmare neighbour?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

You dont seem like the confrontional sort battle... You can multi quote btw.

If you don't see how sending a group text round to get everyone to come out and stare at the guy was a childish it kind of blows your other arguments out of the water.

The other points you have made are as valid as anyone elses as we all only have one side of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

You dont seem like the confrontional sort battle... You can multi quote btw.

If you don't see how sending a group text round to get everyone to come out and stare at the guy was a childish it kind of blows your other arguments out of the water.

The other points you have made are as valid as anyone elses as we all only have one side of the story.

when it comes to the internet , you have to assume that posters are telling the truth , this isnt a court of law , arguements like we have not heard the other side of the story are inane and useless , of course we have not litterally heard both sides of the story , even we did , how would we know we were being told the truth ? , we are not solving world hunger here , merley digesting various storys and morality tales

Everybody Lies! :D

Incidently if you now need to seek any sort of injunction this type of behaviour may be taken into consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

in what way was that a mistake ?

Op introduced an unnecessarily adversarial aspect to the situation. I'm sure the neighbour didn't appreciate the audience and i doubt the Garda appreciated the extra tension brought to the situation.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Op introduced an unnecessarily adversarial aspect to the situation. I'm sure the neighbour didn't appreciate the audience and i doubt the Garda appreciated the extra tension brought to the situation.

that doesnt make it a mistake

The fact that he may have blown-up his chance of getting an injunction he might need is.

that doesnt make it a mistake

Yes it does

MagicSean wrote: »
    Yes it does

branding something a mistake usually implies consequence , i see no grounds for consequence in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

The fact that he may have blown-up his chance of getting an injunction he might need is.

Just wondering - have you very long to go before qualifying?

• Advertisement

Just wondering - have you very long to go before qualifying?

About a hundred years at this rate and I think I've read about a paragraph on equity so your jibe is well taken. That said getting the neighbourhood to gang up on someone is hardly clean hands is it?

branding something a mistake usually implies consequence , i see no grounds for consequence in this instance

Of course you don't. Those of us who deal with these situations regularly would likely be better able to see the consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

About a hundred years at this rate and I think I've read about a paragraph on equity so your jibe is well taken. That said getting the neighbourhood to gang up on someone is hardly clean hands is it?

And there was I thinking she might be offering you a job, silly me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

In my opinion MagicSean and GCDLawstudent are both entirely correct, calling all the neighbours to gather round was a huge mistake.

If this Neighbour is as troublesome and malicious as the OP suggests, then the OP drawing attention to the fact that he reported him is clearly stupid, for obvious reasons.

If this Neighbour isn't necessarily as troublesome or malicious as suggested, then making a show of him, by gathering all the neighbourhood around was probably unfair, unnecessary, and as correctly pointed out complicates further action.

Nothing was gained by such a course of action, apart from personal gratification, which suggests to me that the tensions which exist are far more complex than the one side of the the story we're privy to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i would not have sent a text round to all, anyone can show him the text at a later date, i would have kept that little titbit to myself, as in future someone could blurt it out accidentially that a text was sent, you must know all the rest of neighbours very well to be confident of them keeping this quiet.

And there was I thinking she might be offering you a job, silly me. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to be a barrister when I grow up. By grow up I took Buz lurman at his word that 40 year olds are interesting when they dont know what to do with their lives. The thought of doing a job ever again scares me! I must be the only one sitting there, when various people tell us the woes of under employement thinking, - "yes I know and the problem is?"

I didn't marry my well educated rich wife for her gorgeous looks you know! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement