Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial Sun Protection/Moisturizer

• 02-04-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Would be very appreciative if anyone could tell me which is applied first - sun cream or moisturizer. I know I have been told this before but like a lot of things, I have completely forgotten the answer. I'm sure it must be important which step is taken first in order to let the sun cream react with the skin. I am guessing that the sun cream probably goes first but am not sure? Also, just of interest, does the sun cream act as a moisturizer and therefore another cream might not be needed? Thanks a million. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

As a bloke i dont know much about this stuff.
    But was in boots the other day looking at ordinary suncream and noticed they had a face moisturising suncream,soltan boots own brand i think factor 15/30.Was 1/2 price.7 or 8 euro i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

wolfeye wrote: »
    As a bloke i dont know much about this stuff.
    But was in boots the other day looking at ordinary suncream and noticed they had a face moisturising suncream,soltan boots own brand i think factor 15/30.Was 1/2 price.7 or 8 euro i think.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, Soltan brings me out in a rash every time I use it. I think it blocks my pores or something! Back to the drawing board........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I always mix the two together! Make sure and use one specifically for the face though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

If you're going abroad then I'd get something from Vichy/La Roche Posay as they have a range with high spf's and are hypo allergenic and specific for the face too.
    Clinique have Cityblock (I think) and you use it over your moisturiser, it's oil free, as far as I know.

I use Simple Regeneration spf 15 - it's a moisturiser with spf, so no need for seperate creams and ascosciated build up.

Advertisement