Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed limit @aske gorey

Options
  • 02-04-2012 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

folks i just got a fixed penalty notice in the post from a gatso van that was parked in aske gorey on the 8th of march, is this road 100kph or 80kph and any advice on appealing it would be helpfull

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The old road as it is now has a reduced speed limit of 80kph as it is no longer a national route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i could have sworn though that the signs just past greene's farm heading towrd gorey read 100kph though must check it tomorrow when in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The speed limit here is indeed 100kph. When the M11 was opened the old N11 on both sides of Gorey had the speed limit reduced to 80kph but subsequently the limit was increased to 100kph between Great Gas and the Tinakilly roundabout at Greens fruit farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

Google Maps would suggest that there's a short 80km/h section on the approach to the roundabout (berry farm onwards) but south of that is 100km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

The starting point for the 100kph section is 100 metres on the Gorey side of Green's Berry Farm and it finishes roughly 100 metres north of the Gala Petrol Station on the approach to Gorey. At the Tinnock roundabout the speed limit is 80kph. Check the streetview on Google Earth, it's all on that.

• Advertisement

The starting point for the 100kph section is 100 metres on the Gorey side of Green's Berry Farm and it finishes roughly 100 metres north of the Gala Petrol Station on the approach to Gorey. At the Tinnock roundabout the speed limit is 80kph. Check the streetview on Google Earth, it's all on that.

The Gatso van always parks where it can get off the road, usually about halfway between Gorey and Greens on the railway side. Occasionally it would park just on the Gorey side of Great Gas but I haven't seen it there since the service was privatised. If you've already hit 100kph by the time you get 100 metres from Greens, you deserve a ticket.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

bmaxi wrote: »

The Gatso van always parks where it can get off the road, usually about halfway between Gorey and Greens on the railway side. Occasionally it would park just on the Gorey side of Great Gas but I haven't seen it there since the service was privatised. If you've already hit 100kph by the time you get 100 metres from Greens, you deserve a ticket.:)

I know I could be wrong, but I really think that speed limit was changed back to 100km for that whole road?!

augusta24 wrote: »
    I know I could be wrong, but I really think that speed limit was changed back to 100km for that whole road?!

Darkroom is right, there is a stretch from about 50 metres on the Gorey side of Greens which is 80kph but where the Gatso van usually parks would be around the bend in the road from that point, so assuming the OP was travelling towards Gorey, it would not pick him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

bmaxi wrote: »
    Darkroom is right, there is a stretch from about 50 metres on the Gorey side of Greens which is 80kph but where the Gatso van usually parks would be around the bend in the road from that point, so assuming the OP was travelling towards Gorey, it would not pick him up.

When the Gorey By-pass originally opened the whole stretch of road from the round-about to Gorey was reduced to 80kph but there was a rethink and it was raised again to the current level.
    At Aske, the stretch which is set at 80kph is quite short so if someone was caught speeding in this stretch then I have to agree with bmaxi, you should take your punishment and move on because you must have been really putting the boot down.
    The Gatso is regularly found in a few locations on the stretch of road between Gorey and Tinnock. I have seen it parked in the layby on the same side as Green's Berry farm about half way along this straight stretch. Also to be seen a few hundred metres north of the junction where Redmonds Garden Centre is, parked in a small recess at the railway tracks. And I've seen it across the road in a small space opposite the Transport Cafe on the Gorey side of Redmonds, and then at a couple of spots nearer Gorey in the section between the 80kph and 50kph section.

Advertisement